Hauling a bobcat

/ Hauling a bobcat #1  

Bvill01

Tractor
S220 bobcat loader
When hauling a bobcat how many binders and chains should I use and should I duck take the muffler?

/ Hauling a bobcat #2  
By the book says a 4 point tie down. Meaning a chain and binder @ each corner. Dont waste your time with the duct tape.

/ Hauling a bobcat #3  
when I used to haul heavy equipment out of the ports to the dealerships , we had to close off the exhaust on turbocharged machines to prevent air pressure from spinning the turbo with no oil flow.naturally aspirated machines we didnt worry about. 4 point tiedown is correct, the capacity of your tiedowns must be equal to or greater than the weight of your machine.

Hope this helps.

C-ya
Scott

/ Hauling a bobcat #4  
Chained at the 4 corners is described in the Operator Manual and required by most DOTs that I know of. No need to cover the exhaust, air pressure during transport can not force turbo to spin.

/ Hauling a bobcat
In the front center and over the bucket or should I Ty the bucket separate ?

/ Hauling a bobcat #6  
With commercial trucking ,Texas ( my home state ) any and all attachments have to have their own tiedown , so yes the bucket by law would have to have a securment device on it as well ( even though its still attached to the machine ) LAWYERS !!!!! if I wasnt required to go into the scalehouses , ie pulling my own on my personal trailer, then no, I wouldnt worry about it.

I was taught to drive trucks on the farm, was told as long as the hand of GOD could reach down, pickup my trailer ,turn it upside down and I didnt loose my load, then I was doing ok :D

Hope this helps.
C-ya
Scott

/ Hauling a bobcat
Thanks

/ Hauling a bobcat #8  
Take the Working Load Limit of each binder, divide by two, and then sum all of the binders. That must be equal to or greater than the weight of the machine. Minimum four binders.

On a rubber tired machine, you go to the nearest tie down that will triangulate the load. On a tracked machine, you go criss cross. Do not let the chains rub each other in this case.

/ Hauling a bobcat #9  
I was taught to drive trucks on the farm, was told as long as the hand of GOD could reach down, pickup my trailer ,turn it upside down and I didnt loose my load, then I was doing ok :D
Excellent tiedown strategy. Much better then the idiots I see running around with their Zeroturns, Bobcats, etc held in place with just the parking brake.

Aaron Z