BOSS information panel too dim.

/ BOSS information panel too dim. #1  

dirt ditch

Veteran Member
Tractor
The BOSS information panel of my 7753 is too dim to read when running the machine in full sunlight. On cloudy days, at night, or inside the shed it is easy to read. Is there any way of making it brighter so I can see it during the day? It does have the factory rubber shade attached to it but it does not help.

/ BOSS information panel too dim. #2  
There is a 12 volt back light for the display but I don't know if it is on all the time with the key or is on with the light switch. If the light is on but still dim check for full 12 volts to it. May be able to put a brighter bulb in it.

/ BOSS information panel too dim. #3  
Had same problem in my 763. There is one bulb used to back light the display reflector.
Guessing it's burnt out. It happens. The LED's on the display can be seen in the dark, but almost impossible in the bright daylight without the back light.
You have to take the panel apart to replace it. Pretty simple. The bulb in mine was an unusual size and I could only find at a Bobcat dealer... go figure. I bought a spare while there for the future!!

/ BOSS information panel too dim.
Thanks. I found your guys other thread on the burnt out back light. Glad to know it is fixable. :)