Older 763 with hydraulic leak on switch(?)

/ Older 763 with hydraulic leak on switch(?) #1  

Fred Bryant

Tractor
Bobcat 763
Older 763 with hydraulic leak on switch(?) next to hydraulic filter. It is peeing a stream of hydraulic fluid out of the electrical connector ( ~ 1 gallon/hour ).

It does not seem like it would be hard to change. Please correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like a discontect electrical harness, unscrew old, screw in new, and then reconnect electrical harnness. Right/wrong/does it need sealant of some sort/...?

I am out in the boonies, with no manual, etc, so I need to order it online and have it shipped to the local ( 20 mile away ) post office. Simple question: What is it and where can I get it?

Thx's, Fred.

Last edited:
   / Older 763 with hydraulic leak on switch(?) #2  
Your plan for repair seems pretty accurate. If the switch is threaded into the hydraulic filter base itself or into the suction line between the filter and pump, it's probably a vacuum switch designed to trigger a warning light indicating a filter restriction. As for where to get one, you will need to call a dealer with model and serial numbers handy, and let someone look up the part number for you.