Quick Connects - which one pressure?

/ Quick Connects - which one pressure? #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
My Bobcat 763 has two flat faced quick connectors on the skidsteer. One connector is male, the other is female. Can someone tell me which of those is the pressure line?

/ Quick Connects - which one pressure? #2  
They can both be pressure, depends on which direction you move the thumb switch on the right handle. The female is usually setup to be the pressure out when you pull the trigger on front of the handle for constant flow.

/ Quick Connects - which one pressure?
SSdoxie,

You were right, it was the female end that worked off the trigger. That was perfect. You saved me a lot of time as I probably would have guessed the wrong one.

Thanks for the help!

/ Quick Connects - which one pressure? #4  
That is the way they are supposed to be. It is an industry standard that all skid loader companies adopted the same time they chose to use flat face couplers and a common dimension Quick Attach.

Is the 763 the machine you are putting the post driver on? If so is it an F-series or older with rectangle head lights or is it newer G- series with triangle head lights?

Yes, its going on the 763. It has the square headlights and hi-flow.

/ Quick Connects - which one pressure? #6  
Just be aware that 763 does not have a dedicated/individual charge pump for the hydrostatic drive, it uses the return oil form the control valve & auxilariies to feed oil to hydrostat as charge pressure. Using the direct to tank return on the post driver by-passes that flow, so while the front auxilary is engaged and Hi-flow turned on to run the post driver the hydrostatic pump will have no charge pressure. Do not leave the front auxiliary turned on for extended length of time and do not try to drive the machine while it is on.

If you run the post driver with normal/standard flow (Hi-flow off) then the Hi-flow pump will provide charge pressure.

Thanks. I don't need to have the high flow turned on to run the post pounder. It takes very little flow to operate the post pounder. Just using the standard auxiliary flow and only while its sitting still.

So does that mean the newer Bobcat's have an additional pump? I've been thinking about buying a newer model.

/ Quick Connects - which one pressure? #8  
All the newer models use a hydraulic driven cooling fan. The pump that supplies oil to the fan is also the charge pump. This also greatly reduces the back pressure on the hydraulics. My brother has S250 with Shaver post driver and is able to run it without any direct return line, just plugged return into the male coupler on the machine and says it works great.