Tractor
    Kubota B2320 & Bobcat 763

Default Bobcat 763 Hydraulic leak

I have a 98 763 that I've been ignoring a leak and I'm tired of spreadng kitty litter. The machine has 3400 hours, mechanically runs strong and asthetically looks real good. What are common leaking areas with these machines?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)

Default Re: Bobcat 763 Hydraulic leak

I have the same problem with my 1995 Bobcat 753 with the about the same amount of hours. Let me know what you find out on yours. I have kitty litter AND oil pans catching oil under mine.

Silver Member
    Tractor

I heard there was a hydrulic hose that ran under the engine that is a common problem. If I remember right you had to remove the engine to replace it.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Quote Originally Posted by sierradmax View Post
    I have a 98 763 that I've been ignoring a leak and I'm tired of spreadng kitty litter. The machine has 3400 hours, mechanically runs strong and asthetically looks real good. What are common leaking areas with these machines?
    Do you have to add hydraulic fluid to reservoir occasionally? If yes, leak could be any number of connections under the cab. If you do not have to add fluid to reservoir then remove the check plug at the front of the chaincase frame, put your finger in the hole and see if you can touch the fluid. There is a drain plug for the chain case fluid and the fuel tank, these are located under the machine just at the rear of the chain case (in center line of frame right behind the rear axle). There is rectangular inspection plate to remove and you will find 2 rubber plugs with steel expander pins in them, the one facing the front is the chain case plug. Dirt getting pushed up inside this inspection hole can cause the plug to start dripping, oil will drip out from just behind the rear axle in center of machine.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Silver Member
    Tractor

Mine is a hydraulic leak.

Normally on a 7 series, the control valve spool seals are bad

Tractor
    Kioti 901c

Hi Dennis

This is an old message of yours, but could be a reoccurring problem. I have an old 763 hi flow with 6000 hours. The engine has been rebouilt though. All works for a while then the hydraulic oil starts pouring out from a hole in the lateral drive engine into the oil pan. Could your solution apply for these symptoms?

Regards,
    Priit