/ Help finding Bobcat #1  

Ridgewalker

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC29
I am considering getting a used Bobcat to use on my farm but know
next to nothing about them.

I found this one locally and would appreciate any comments regarding pricing
and it that the type of unit I need. I am also hoping to learn what to look out for
and what options are a must.

Bobcat of St. Louis - Pre-Owned Inventory - Sales, Rental, Service & Parts. Other brands: Doosan, Takeuchi, Okada, Ingersoll Rand, Husqvarna

I wish it had a grapple... I will be using it to shove down trees into burn piles, digging an
area for a parking spot, pushing back, picking up piles of scrap metal (engines, trannys, wheels, etc.) and cleaning, grading the
area where the metal used to be.

Thanks in advance.

RW

/ Help finding Bobcat #2  
It looks to be it pretty good conditon for a 1999 model and 1500 hrs. on 13 year old machine is not that many. I would ask if it has been inspected, gone through dealer service department. When looking at one and test driving watch for engine smoke after it is started and warmed up, loader ans bucket functions work without squalling, lock the park brake and push on the drive levers - the levers should feel firm and pull the engine RPM down.
I think the price is in line for that size machine in its visible condition.
Your planned usage should include a bucket grapple to make work easier. You might ask if they have a used one and try to work it into a package deal.