Bobcat T300 Control Lock issue

/ Bobcat T300 Control Lock issue #1  

PondDigger67

Tractor
Bobcat T300
Greetings, everyone!
I'm new here so please forgive me if I'm in the "wrong place". I'm in dire straits here looking for answers. My 2004 Bobcat T300 (2200 hours) seems to have issues with the controls/lift arm "locking up". I have to shut down the machine, let it set, then after about 15 minutes or so it will sometimes "reset" itself and start working again. Had the dealer put a new actuator on to see if that was the problem. Still did it. A few months ago I checked the wires down by the foot pedal. Moved them around a bit and it didn't do act up since. I thought the problem was solved. Well, just today, it started up again. I've spent way too much in repair bills this month and would be very grateful to anyone who has maybe had this problem in the past or knows what else I can do to resolve this. It's getting really frustrating. It's a full cab w/door. The lift arm will just "freeze up". I don't always receive a code either. Does anyone have any helpful hints? All selonoids and fuses have been checked. It's been calibrated, etc. One more thing...this may or may not have anything to do with it but it seems like when I have either the soil conditioner or the root rake on is when it really tends to start acting up. Would it by some crazy chance have anything to do with it? ANY help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

/ Bobcat T300 Control Lock issue #2  
There are 2 electrical sensors that can cause the loader valve to lock up without sending a code because the controller can not tell if these sifted from vibration or you moved them to get out of machine, they are the cab door switch and the seat bar switch. If the door latch is worn, not adjusted correct vibration could cause the door to move shutting off the switch, or the mounting of the switch could be loose. Same thing with the seat bar. There is a row of green lights up in left hand panel just to right of the Press To Operate Button when everything is open, in normal operation mode these lights should be on steady, not blinking. Next time it locks up look at those lights. If the door switch is sending an open door signal the valve light will be off, if the seat bar is sending a "seat bar raised" signal the seat bar light and valve light will be off.

/ Bobcat T300 Control Lock issue #3  
Nearly same issue with my T300, and the dealer was thoroughly frustrated after starting with fuses and working for 4 hours tracking the apparent electrical malfunction throughout the wiring system unsuccessfully. Turns out the source of the sporadic fault was a micro fracture in the simple 99 cent yellow fuse that could not be seen visually. The fuse looked and acted fine hence not replaced, and allowed just enough current across the micro fracture in the fuse to allow the control arms to initially work. Then suddenly under certain movements of the T300 the fuse micro fracture would widen and drop below the required voltage such that control arms would freeze, without the fuse burning out. Replaced the 99 cent fuse and control arms have worked perfectly since. Dealer mechanic was embarrassed to have expended so much labor chasing this bizarre simple fuse failure, but apparently had never encountered this sporadic fault issue tied to a malfunctioning fuse. :thumbsup: