743 bobcat starter wont engage with good battery&starter just click then nothing-why?

/ 743 bobcat starter wont engage with good battery&starter just click then nothing-why? #1  

iggnert

Tractor
743 bobcat
743 bobcat starter wont engage with good battery&starter just click then nothing-why?

743 bobcat starter wont engage with good battery&starter just click then nothing

/ 743 bobcat starter wont engage with good battery&starter just click then nothing-why? #2  
Re: 743 bobcat starter wont engage with good battery&starter just click then nothing-

Cables from battery to starter ok?

Pull the starter and bench test?

/ 743 bobcat starter wont engage with good battery&starter just click then nothing-why? #3  
Re: 743 bobcat starter wont engage with good battery&starter just click then nothing-

On my 843, I had the wire from the solenoid to the starter break at the connector. Probably a different starter motor, but something to look at.

/ 743 bobcat starter wont engage with good battery&starter just click then nothing-why?

thanks guy's. it works good on bench but click on the engine. i think its a ground problem. i will touch base when i get it going.

/ 743 bobcat starter wont engage with good battery&starter just click then nothing-why? #5  

I agree with thinking it is a ground. Get all the ground connections good and clean. If that doesn't do it, it sounds like it might be the solenoid. Check for voltage at the small stud on the solenoid when you turn the ignition key. Do this with the fuel-shut off in the up position so you don't accidentally start the loader. If you have good voltage there, move the volt meter to the side of the solenoid which has the cable running to the starter and check for voltage there while turning the ignition key. If no voltage is detected there, it is the solenoid.

/ 743 bobcat starter wont engage with good battery&starter just click then nothing-why?

When you say solenoid, do you mean the one on the starter or the one under the air filter (also called starter relay)? Thanks

Its fixed. Bad positive battery terminal. Boy aint I a dummy. I didn't check where the two bolts clamp cable to terminal, but I did clean both post clamps. Thanks guys, I appreciate yalls help.

/ 743 bobcat starter wont engage with good battery&starter just click then nothing-why? #8  

Its fixed. Bad positive battery terminal. Boy aint I a dummy. I didn't check where the two bolts clamp cable to terminal, but I did clean both post clamps. Thanks guys, I appreciate yalls help.

Any chance you can tell me where the red and white wires that connect into a single connector go?

I was having all kinds of starting problems until I found a loose (white) wire at the solenoid.

Now it won't do much of anything in the start position.

It fires right up when the solenoid is jumped.

Thanks