Logering steel tracks

/ Logering steel tracks #1  

Ridgewalker

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC29
Greetings!

I am considering getting a used Bobcat to use on my farm and could use some help.

I am seeing a number for sale that have Logering steel tracks on them and I need to know
if that set up works well on tilted land. Do they grip? I would be using the Bobcat to
clear down timber, pushing it into burn piles with some grading work to clean up the
aftermath (rootwad divots). The land is hilly to say the least.

I am hoping to find a unit with a grapple so I can pick stuff up to move it. I have
some big oaks that are 10 -12" in diameter that I would like to be able to pick up.
How big a unit do I need to handle that weight? Model number??

Lastly, do Bobcats accept 3 point hitch implements? I.e. brush hog, york rake.

Thanks!

/ Logering steel tracks #2  
When I worked as a bobcat mechanic we had some costumers that had them on their cats, they said they were unstopable. I don't know about sideways but I would think they would work well.

/ Logering steel tracks #3  
Ridgewalker said:
Greetings!

I am considering getting a used Bobcat to use on my farm and could use some help.

I am seeing a number for sale that have Logering steel tracks on them and I need to know
if that set up works well on tilted land. Do they grip? I would be using the Bobcat to
clear down timber, pushing it into burn piles with some grading work to clean up the

I am hoping to find a unit with a grapple so I can pick stuff up to move it. I have
some big oaks that are 10 -12" in diameter that I would like to be able to pick up.

Thanks!

myMy T190 moves big trees fine. much bigger than 12" trees. Look for a bobcat grapple bucket. Works as a bucket or grapple. Mine is on my machine 95 % of yime.

/ Logering steel tracks #4  
JRP said:
myMy T190 moves big trees fine. much bigger than 12" trees. Look for a bobcat grapple bucket. Works as a bucket or grapple. Mine is on my machine 95 % of yime.

I need to proof read.

/ Logering steel tracks #6  
I run a 773 with Loegering steel OTT and foam filled tires. I use mine for the same work you are looking at - grapple for dragging trees etc. With both steel OTT AND foam filled tires my tip weight is a fair bit higher than listed from the mfg. I grapple some huge (36" +) trunks - cut into sections of course.

The steel tracks make the machine a monster in the woods - I swap the grapple for a narrow stump bucket to uproot trees and this machine gets the job done very effectively.

/ Logering steel tracks #7  
Greetings!

Thanks!

I guess you are referring to the Loegering "trailblazers". they are excellent for flotation. If you have a lot of rock they will crush it or slide some but they are great for pushing but will eat up the side walls of your tires over time.

What's your budget? A large frame machine from an old 863G, s220, s250, and s300 will do great and that's what I've run since I started my biz in '97. I have also owned an s330 and the new M series 750. A grapple is a must. I've also owned a 773G (s185) and it was okay but not close in power in my opinion to the larger machines.

There is an adapter for 3pt attachments. I own one but found that many 3pt attachments will not hold up to a large frame Bobcat. I bent two box blades, snapped pines, and destroyed a rake before turning my 3pt adapter into a trailer hitch adapter.

If you want to do a lot of grading, the s220 would be my choice because of the radial lift arms but the others will do a good job. s300, s250 and bigger are very stable.

/ Logering steel tracks #8  
Ed of all trades, I am a brand new member, this is my first post. I recently acquired a Bobcat 963c, manufactured in 1999. Having been a Bobcat mechanic
what is your opinion of the 963. Also I have to replace the exhaust from the turbo out, any suggestions on the best way to attack it. Thanks

/ Logering steel tracks #9  
Ben a long time. and the model #'s change quickly, sorry I can't help.

/ Logering steel tracks #10  
Thanks for your reply Ed, I am brand new at this and still learning how to navigate this site. Happy Holidays.