Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    NH TC29

Default Logering steel tracks

Greetings!

I am considering getting a used Bobcat to use on my farm and could use some help.

I am seeing a number for sale that have Logering steel tracks on them and I need to know
    if that set up works well on tilted land. Do they grip? I would be using the Bobcat to
    clear down timber, pushing it into burn piles with some grading work to clean up the
    aftermath (rootwad divots). The land is hilly to say the least.

I am hoping to find a unit with a grapple so I can pick stuff up to move it. I have
    some big oaks that are 10 -12" in diameter that I would like to be able to pick up.
    How big a unit do I need to handle that weight? Model number??

Lastly, do Bobcats accept 3 point hitch implements? I.e. brush hog, york rake.

Thanks!
    "Ride due west of the sunset, turn left at the rocky mountains."

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    massey GC 2400 JD LA 145

Default Re: Logering steel tracks

When I worked as a bobcat mechanic we had some costumers that had them on their cats, they said they were unstopable. I don't know about sideways but I would think they would work well.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M6800

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgewalker
    Greetings!

I am considering getting a used Bobcat to use on my farm and could use some help.

I am seeing a number for sale that have Logering steel tracks on them and I need to know
    if that set up works well on tilted land. Do they grip? I would be using the Bobcat to
    clear down timber, pushing it into burn piles with some grading work to clean up the

I am hoping to find a unit with a grapple so I can pick stuff up to move it. I have
    some big oaks that are 10 -12" in diameter that I would like to be able to pick up.

Thanks!
    myMy T190 moves big trees fine. much bigger than 12" trees. Look for a bobcat grapple bucket. Works as a bucket or grapple. Mine is on my machine 95 % of yime.
    JRP

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M6800

Quote Originally Posted by JRP

myMy T190 moves big trees fine. much bigger than 12" trees. Look for a bobcat grapple bucket. Works as a bucket or grapple. Mine is on my machine 95 % of yime.
    I need to proof read.
    JRP

Tractor
    Cat 257B

Loegering VTS is the way to go because you can have both a dedicated track machine and a wheel machine in one. Loegering VTS - skid steer tires to bolt on rubber tracks

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat 773

I run a 773 with Loegering steel OTT and foam filled tires. I use mine for the same work you are looking at - grapple for dragging trees etc. With both steel OTT AND foam filled tires my tip weight is a fair bit higher than listed from the mfg. I grapple some huge (36" +) trunks - cut into sections of course.

The steel tracks make the machine a monster in the woods - I swap the grapple for a narrow stump bucket to uproot trees and this machine gets the job done very effectively.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
    Greetings!

Thanks!
    I guess you are referring to the Loegering "trailblazers". they are excellent for flotation. If you have a lot of rock they will crush it or slide some but they are great for pushing but will eat up the side walls of your tires over time.

What's your budget? A large frame machine from an old 863G, s220, s250, and s300 will do great and that's what I've run since I started my biz in '97. I have also owned an s330 and the new M series 750. A grapple is a must. I've also owned a 773G (s185) and it was okay but not close in power in my opinion to the larger machines.

There is an adapter for 3pt attachments. I own one but found that many 3pt attachments will not hold up to a large frame Bobcat. I bent two box blades, snapped pines, and destroyed a rake before turning my 3pt adapter into a trailer hitch adapter.

If you want to do a lot of grading, the s220 would be my choice because of the radial lift arms but the others will do a good job. s300, s250 and bigger are very stable.
    Brush Chipping and Tree Mulching Texas Style!

Tractor
    bobcat 963

Ed of all trades, I am a brand new member, this is my first post. I recently acquired a Bobcat 963c, manufactured in 1999. Having been a Bobcat mechanic
    what is your opinion of the 963. Also I have to replace the exhaust from the turbo out, any suggestions on the best way to attack it. Thanks

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    massey GC 2400 JD LA 145

Ben a long time. and the model #'s change quickly, sorry I can't help.

Tractor
    bobcat 963

Thanks for your reply Ed, I am brand new at this and still learning how to navigate this site. Happy Holidays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast