Tractor
    John Deere 770, Bobcat 753

Default Bobcat 753

I'm looking at a Bobcat 753. Its a bit older, probably a 92 - 97 with 2553 hrs, pretty clean, no leaks, no repair welds, no dents or big scratches and runs really well. Its a private sale for $9000. I has a full cab with heat, and general purpose bucket. According to the filters and fluids its been well maintained, but not run much.

I'm thinking that this is a good deal. Machinery trader has these for similar money with much more hours and without the full cab. Does this sound like a good deal? Anything to watch out for on these?

Thanks,
    Leo
    “I've had a wonderful evening, but this wasn't it.” ~ Groucho Marx

Tractor

Default Re: Bobcat 753

Well, I just cam e back from the seller's place a bit lighter in the wallet. Instead of buying a new kubota, I bought used Bobcat 753.

The more I looked at it, the more I realized that this machine fits my needs very well. I was looking for a new tractor with a hydro transmission and stronger loader, specifically for more efficient loader work and grading. But I really find my little John deere 770 to be a great brush hogging machine. So I wanted to keep the 770 and add another to the fleet for my new business. With the limitless amount of attachments and good capabilities as an earthwork machine, a decent skid steer makes a lot of sense. I wanted to spend less than $10K, as new machines are a bit beyond my budget, so used was my only option. Looking at others in my price range, I was looking at these beat up, worn out machines that were poorly maintained.

I looked closer at the one above, and found no impact marks on the sheet metal, paint is decent, wheel seals are good, no leaks from the engine, pumps, hoses or cylinders. Engine compartment and cab are really clean. The engine starts easily with no smoke, oil is clean, filters recent, tires good, etc.

Its just to clean and in good shape to pass up. Pics to come when I pick it up next weekend.

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

I recently bought a 2008 Bobcat S185 for a couple of the same reasons that you did. Mostly for extra lifting capacity, better visibility and availability of more rental attachments if needed when compared to my kubota B3030.
    As luck would have it, a dealer in a neighboring state saw my CL ad for the tractor. I swapped it to him for some cash, a brand new dump trailer and a brand new Erskine snow blower for the Bobcat. I got what I needed/wanted and he made a few bucks off the sale of the tractor. He had it less than a week. We're all happy.
    Todd

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser

Tractor

Well, I picked up the Bobcat yesterday and towed it to the property. It towed easily, but I should have put the door on cause I lost the headliner.

I only had aces minutes to play with it, but it runs and operates very well. Hand drive and foot loader controls are throwing me way off though. I'be operated loaders and backhoes since I was a kid, so it's throwing me way off. Also the loader is very quick. At moderate throttle, I have a hard time modulating the loader arm and bucket speed. Drive speed and power is smooth and strong though.

I failed to get pics, but will do so next weekend.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

If you have operated other equipment you will get the hang of it pretty quick, just keep thinking "left - lift", "right - roll" & toe = dump, heel = load.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.