Bobcat 753

/ Bobcat 753 #1  

crashz

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501, JD LT150, DR Field Mower
I'm looking at a Bobcat 753. Its a bit older, probably a 92 - 97 with 2553 hrs, pretty clean, no leaks, no repair welds, no dents or big scratches and runs really well. Its a private sale for $9000. I has a full cab with heat, and general purpose bucket. According to the filters and fluids its been well maintained, but not run much.

I'm thinking that this is a good deal. Machinery trader has these for similar money with much more hours and without the full cab. Does this sound like a good deal? Anything to watch out for on these?

Thanks,
Leo

/ Bobcat 753
Well, I just cam e back from the seller's place a bit lighter in the wallet. Instead of buying a new Kubota, I bought used Bobcat 753.

The more I looked at it, the more I realized that this machine fits my needs very well. I was looking for a new tractor with a hydro transmission and stronger loader, specifically for more efficient loader work and grading. But I really find my little John deere 770 to be a great brush hogging machine. So I wanted to keep the 770 and add another to the fleet for my new business. With the limitless amount of attachments and good capabilities as an earthwork machine, a decent skid steer makes a lot of sense. I wanted to spend less than $10K, as new machines are a bit beyond my budget, so used was my only option. Looking at others in my price range, I was looking at these beat up, worn out machines that were poorly maintained.

I looked closer at the one above, and found no impact marks on the sheet metal, paint is decent, wheel seals are good, no leaks from the engine, pumps, hoses or cylinders. Engine compartment and cab are really clean. The engine starts easily with no smoke, oil is clean, filters recent, tires good, etc.

Its just to clean and in good shape to pass up. Pics to come when I pick it up next weekend.

/ Bobcat 753 #3  
I recently bought a 2008 Bobcat S185 for a couple of the same reasons that you did. Mostly for extra lifting capacity, better visibility and availability of more rental attachments if needed when compared to my Kubota B3030.
As luck would have it, a dealer in a neighboring state saw my CL ad for the tractor. I swapped it to him for some cash, a brand new dump trailer and a brand new Erskine snow blower for the Bobcat. I got what I needed/wanted and he made a few bucks off the sale of the tractor. He had it less than a week. We're all happy.

/ Bobcat 753
Well, I picked up the Bobcat yesterday and towed it to the property. It towed easily, but I should have put the door on cause I lost the headliner.

I only had aces minutes to play with it, but it runs and operates very well. Hand drive and foot loader controls are throwing me way off though. I'be operated loaders and backhoes since I was a kid, so it's throwing me way off. Also the loader is very quick. At moderate throttle, I have a hard time modulating the loader arm and bucket speed. Drive speed and power is smooth and strong though.

I failed to get pics, but will do so next weekend.

/ Bobcat 753 #5  
If you have operated other equipment you will get the hang of it pretty quick, just keep thinking "left - lift", "right - roll" & toe = dump, heel = load.