over the tire tracks

/ over the tire tracks #1  

yellowdogsvc

Veteran Member
Anyone running a K or M series large frame machine using over the tire tracks WITHOUT spacers? I ran an s250 for awhile without spacers then the dealer got them in and installed them. I didn't seem to have a huge problem? I'm considering a set or tracks for a specific project but I do not want to go back to spacers on my M series s750. Was curious if anyone has done this or knows if the tracks will definitely hit the loader arms or frame if i don't use spacers?
Thanks!

/ over the tire tracks #2  
Don't know for sure but the book I just looked at calls for 2" spacers on the S750 & none on the S250. That's for the Grouser track.

/ over the tire tracks
The 250 I had was an early model but I don't think they changed. I ran it without tracks for about 4 months before my dealer noticed it. They sold it to me new and knew I ran tracks off an 863, but early on they didn't know about the spacers. After I got spacers, I needed a bigger bucket. That's what I'm hoping to avoid. If the tolerances are close, I can live with it for temporary upfitting of tracks but now the dealer just says I need spacers but I don't think anyone has actually tried it.

My dealer told me I could remove the belly weight out of the s770. Do you know anything about that? I have an s750 and have a chance to get a 770 set up for mulching but I don't want the extra weight on my trailer. Every pound counts when I haul the mulcher. They told me it was about 10-12 hours for removal which is fine as long as it can come out.