Bobcat T250 versus Mustang mlt 20

/ Bobcat T250 versus Mustang mlt 20 #1  

jab-law

I'm new at this. We have about 70 acres that needs maintenance etc. We are looking at a used 2006 bobcat T250 with open cab with 1200 hours for $20,000 with pretty worn tracks (about 500-600 hours left)and a 2008 mustang mlt 20 with 2800 hours and enclosed cab with heat with fair tracks for about $2,500 . Both seem in pretty fair condition. Does any have experience and able to give a comparison/recommendation? I'm leaning towards the bobcat as it is from a local dealer, but open to suggestions/recommendations.
thanks.

/ Bobcat T250 versus Mustang mlt 20 #2  
I see there has been about 80 viewers but no replies. Evidentialy much experience with the Mustang. I can't offer much either other than the Mustang track loader is a Tachehuci. I think the MLY 20 is equivalent to the T140 (not absolutely sure). Track loaders are very productive but are higher maintenance than the the wheel skid-loader, so I think it best to stick with a brand that has dealer close by.

/ Bobcat T250 versus Mustang mlt 20 #3  
I have no idea if Mustang uses the T handle on their track loaders, but I find them irritating. They make egress tough and have a tendency to amplify your movements if you get jostled in the cab.

We had an old John Deere skid steer with the T handle. Not a big fan. The only up side in my opinion is that you could run it one handed.

/ Bobcat T250 versus Mustang mlt 20
I see there has been about 80 viewers but no replies. Evidentialy much experience with the Mustang. I can't offer much either other than the Mustang track loader is a Tachehuci. I think the MLY 20 is equivalent to the T140 (not absolutely sure). Track loaders are very productive but are higher maintenance than the the wheel skid-loader, so I think it best to stick with a brand that has dealer close by.

Thanks. We ended up going with the 2006 bobcat t250 -- from a local dealer. He gave us a good deal, delivered it, and can do maintenance and tracks etc when needed.
thanks much.