Need Help With Aux Issue

/ Need Help With Aux Issue #1  

carryaglock

Tractor
Bobcat 763G
2000 Model yr. Bobcat 763G Advantage Series 1542 run hours intermittent use of grapple attachment code comes in when I try to open the tines. Works fine for an hour or so then throws a code 27-03 and the grapple shuts down everything else works fine.

/ Need Help With Aux Issue #2  
Code 27-03 is front rod solenoid error off. Most likely problem is magnetic solenoid shorting out after it gets warm. Another is short, broken connection in wire 4330.
Simpliest way to check, since this is intermittent, would be to take the 2 magnetic coils off at the control valve and put them on the opposite stem. Run the machine with grapple again until it fails. If code stays the same problem would be in the wire harness or back in controller. If code changes to 26-03 then prorblem is the magnetic coil.

/ Need Help With Aux Issue
Thank you for the help I'll switch them around tomorrow and see what happens. I'm fairly new here been a lurker for awhile and joined in Sept. Great place lots of good information and people.

I purchased the unit from a local concrete pipe manufacturer about 3 years ago. Other than chiseling and acid washing concrete off it the only other problem I've encountered was a stuck fuel sending unit. It was your basic open cage work horse so I purchased and installed a complete interior upgrade package.keyless start, headliner, rocker switches, glass, door, suppension seat, and heater from Ebay last year for a song compared to what the dealer wanted. This year so far I've added a radio, 7" monitor w/3 ir camera's for backing up/side views, and a amber mini LED light bar. This week I installed a set of Prowler Stealth Rubber OTT tracks jury still out on them. Off road their great but hitting the road to get to the rest of my property the ride is a kidney buster even with the seat. If its a mild winter and I don't need to do the snow thing to often I'm going to repaint parts of it. All in including the steer I'm well south of $10K still which was my limit when I started looking to buy one.

Do you know if its possible to change out the hand controls to the more modern joy stick type? If possible I think it will be finished and I can start hunting auctions for more attachments. :D

/ Need Help With Aux Issue #4  
Changing over to the SJC, joystick controls is not realisitic cost wise. It requires complete new, different Hydrostatic pump, 2 additional drive controllers, and the joystick kit. To make matters worse, on this aged machine the joystick option was not available so the main controller could not be programed to reconognize the joystick controls.

Forgive me for wasting your time I tend to forget my ignorance of this machine as I did when asking about joystick control? When actually I wanted to inquire about retrofitting the Advanced Hand Control System, (AHC) onto it which is how the literature of that day referred to it. It currently has the long steel steering arms topped with button knobs. Not sure if in the construction equipment field the wiring harnesses are to a degree pre-wired for most of the options available whether those options are on the machine or not like in the automotive world. I know when I upgraded the interior it was a matter of finding the correct empty connector on the machine to plug the upgrades into, ie wiper, heater blower, ect. If that thought holds true then, (here is where my ignorance gets the best of me again). The AHC retrofit would be akin to modern Plug-n-play computer peripherals. I kind of understand the mechanics behind the operation of the current steering arms, how does the AHC system initiate and control movement of the machine, thru servos on the linage, solenoids on the control valve??

In case you haven't picked up on it yet another one of my bad habits is asking Why??

/ Need Help With Aux Issue #6  
The Advanced hand controls only control the lift and tilt of the loader, replaces the mechanical foot pedal. Left handle grip moves side to side for loader arm control and right handle does the same for the bucket dump/curl. On this particular machine it would require a new control valve, actuators, handle kit with controller, and regrettably a competely different main wiring harness. A couple years or so after start of the G series they did start putting in a main wire harness that could have the options plugged in versus completly different harnes. The G sereis came out in Fall of 1999, in 2002 they made some changes which would make converting one a little less expensive.

Sorry for the delay in posting the results of the coil swap but my job had me running crazy and I just did the swap yesterday. You're correct once I switched them around and used the machine for a bit it thru a code 26-03. Called my local dealer they didn't have one here but did in their VA. store and will have it for me today. Thank you for your guidance! As for the AHC conversion, yea that isn't happening way too much money and effort to justify the end results. With that off the list painting and decals are all that's left unless I run across a super good deal on a new or used A/C setup. Do you know if they are specific to machine type/model or with a little McGivering of brackets & hoses somewhat interchangeable?

/ Need Help With Aux Issue #8  
The A/C system that Bobcat uses is spicific to Bobcat because it is mounted behind the back panel of the cab. The same sytems fits all G-series cabs. You need to determine if the machine has a deluxe cab harness or standard. Replacing the complete cab harness gets pricey, the HVAC system is expensive enough in itself without having to replace the complete cab harness. The 763G never had the A/C as an option becuase of the lower HP, conerns that the HP draw of the A/C would rob too much and the loss of performance would not be acceptable for their customers. It will fit and I believe some have been installed in the 763G but just fore warning you. A/C is only offered in machines with Turbo engines.
You might be better off, if you bought this right, to dress her up with some paint & new decals and make sure it is running good then put it on the market at little profit. Then start shopping for a 773T, S185, or S160 (which was the replacement for the 763G & has turbo, with radious style lift arm).

My dealer had said the samething to me when I got a price for the A/C a couple years ago. But Bobby as my grandchildren call it leads a pretty easy life here even has a stall in the barn with his name on it. Its been a good machine the 3 years I've owned it compare that to some of the horror stories you hear about other folks luck with their skid steers. I guess I'll just paint it up and keep it, yea I know its like putting lipstick on a pig. But even a pig will eventually have it's day to shine. Again thanks for all the help and knowledge conveyed.