Bobcat 753 fuel tank pick-up line

/ Bobcat 753 fuel tank pick-up line #1  

clarson

Tractor
Bobcat 753
I have a Bobcat 753 with a dropped fuel pick-up line in the tank. The closest dealer is 90 miles away and I use this machine almost every day. They tell me I need to bring it in so that they can remove the engine to get to the tank and fix this. Any suggestions for me to try to fix this at home?

clarson

/ Bobcat 753 fuel tank pick-up line #2  
Welcome from Oklahoma. You might try posting this in the Bobcat section, someone there may have an answer for you.

Ken

/ Bobcat 753 fuel tank pick-up line #3  
Welcome to the forum.

/ Bobcat 753 fuel tank pick-up line
Ken, Thanks for the info.. I found the information with pictures on Heavy Equipment forum and should be able to get to it this weekend.

clarson

/ Bobcat 753 fuel tank pick-up line #5  
I replaced the fuel pickup tube in my 773 a few weeks ago and just left the old one in there. I don't think it will hurt anything and it sure isn't worth pulling the engine! Fast repair, parts are cheap. I would recommend NOT using fuel line (didn't work well for me) - go ahead and spend the $20 or whatever it is for the one with a weighted strainer on the end.

/ Bobcat 753 fuel tank pick-up line #6  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Bobcat Construction Equipment forum.

/ Bobcat 753 fuel tank pick-up line #7  
I replaced mine on my 763 this past year. Diesel corrodes the line over time. If it's anything like the 763 with the tank underneath the engine, the engine does not have to come out. Does your motor have a lift pump? If so, I was able to strap a 5 gallon jug of fuel to the machine and temporarily route 1/4" line from the lift pump to the jug to get the machine back on the trailer and to the garage. The parts aren't that expensive but it is a bear to replace. You have to do it by raising the cab and crawling inside the machine. Fuel pick-up port is beneath the hydraulic pump.