Bobcat 632 engine oil milky

/ Bobcat 632 engine oil milky #1  

rooster0975

Tractor
Bobcat 632
I have notice a small milky color on my dip stick. The engine is a ford four cylinder and was apparently completely rebuilt? This runs great and does not blow white smoke of any kind. I did change the fluid and the problem is not going away? Any thoughts or suggestions? The Bobcat is a 1980

/ Bobcat 632 engine oil milky #2  
Either water or antifreeze must be leaking in there. Is the volume of the oil increasing a bit? Two problems come to mind. 1) small crack in the engine block. or 2) a blown head gasket. Is it kept outdoors? Rain water getting in there some how? Just a few suggestions...

/ Bobcat 632 engine oil milky #3  
Unfortunately, Harry is right and milky looking oil is a product of oil trying to mix with water. If the problem comes back quickly, there's a pretty substantial issue. The best thing to check with this would be to run a cooling system pressure test. You can get a tester from AutoZone for free (their tool 'rental' program). It should hold consistent pressure for 15-20 minutes. If not, it's the perfect way to find any coolant leaks.

/ Bobcat 632 engine oil milky
I appreciate the advice...I will do it this weekend. The machine always stays indoors.

/ Bobcat 632 engine oil milky #5  
If the engine was "just" rebuilt. and you're having this problem, I would say someone must have messed up a bit!
By the way, my grand parents had a cottage in Waupaca. On Minor Lake. Great memories there. Silver Lake too!

/ Bobcat 632 engine oil milky
Thats and awesome chain of lakes for sure. I agree...I noticed this in the summer awhile back just a small bit on the dip stick...seems to be getting worse. I do not see any milky stuff on the filler cap at all. I'm sure I will have a head gasket problem.