Removing A Engine From a Bobcat 873

/ Removing A Engine From a Bobcat 873 #1  

dnkndrick

Tractor
873 Bobcat
I have to remove my engine from my Bobcat 873 to replace a couple of hydrolic lines and replace the diesel tank as it is leaking.
Can anyone tell me the process I have to got through?
Thanks in advance.
Dale

/ Removing A Engine From a Bobcat 873 #2  
I have to remove my engine from my Bobcat 873 to replace a couple of hydrolic lines and replace the diesel tank as it is leaking.
Can anyone tell me the process I have to got through?
Thanks in advance.
Dale

Have you lifted the cab?

/ Removing A Engine From a Bobcat 873 #3  
The engine and pump assembly are made to come out as 1 unit. There are 4 bolts with rubber isolation bushings holding it to the frame. Remove the muffler all lines, hoses, control linkages, and the 4 bolts then lift out as an assembly.

/ Removing A Engine From a Bobcat 873
Thanks for the help. I'm assuming I have to take the cab off to do this?

/ Removing A Engine From a Bobcat 873 #5  
Thanks for the help. I'm assuming I have to take the cab off to do this?
You don't have to remove cab, just unblot the 2 front bolts and tilt it up out of the way to get to hose, linkange and front mounts.
First raise the lift arms up and place the Orange Lift arm stop over the lift cylinder, then lift the cab back. For added saftey so cab can't fall down, run a chain or ratchet strap from front of the cab back to the cross tube of the lift arm and secure it.

/ Removing A Engine From a Bobcat 873
OK I'm at a sticking point. I have everything loose except one of the four bolts that holds the engine to the frame. It is the front one on the right side as your facing the engine. it is at an angle and it is very hard to get to. Is their a special tool I need to gt it out?
Again thanks for all the help.

/ Removing A Engine From a Bobcat 873 #7  
OK I'm at a sticking point. I have everything loose except one of the four bolts that holds the engine to the frame. It is the front one on the right side as your facing the engine. it is at an angle and it is very hard to get to. Is their a special tool I need to gt it out?
Again thanks for all the help.

No special tool. Some are able to get it with a crows foot, others have taken the hydraulic resevoir loose and moved it out of the way or take it out.