Problems with743

/ Problems with743 #1  

Bobbyalso

Tractor
Bobcat 743
Recently purchased a used 743 Bobcat and the left pedal is very slow (Unresponsive) and difficult to operate. Is there a linkage adjustment, etc. Also I must park it against a tree or post if I wish to leave it in idle.If I don't, it will creep off and I am too old to have to chase it down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

/ Problems with743 #2  
The pedals have adjustment on the connection linkages. I've noticed that my pedals stick a little and grime collect at the pivots from dirty boots (I know, I shouldn't get out of the machine and get dirty!).

As far as the drive, not sure. I haven't ventured to lift the cab and check that stuff out yet. I imagine there must be some linkage and spring or friction adjustment for the drive levers.

/ Problems with743
The pedals have adjustment on the connection linkages. I've noticed that my pedals stick a little and grime collect at the pivots from dirty boots (I know, I shouldn't get out of the machine and get dirty!).

As far as the drive, not sure. I haven't ventured to lift the cab and check that stuff out yet. I imagine there must be some linkage and spring or friction adjustment for the drive levers.

crashz,
Thanks, as soon as it warms up and the snow melts I will check it out. Thanks again!
Bobbyalso

/ Problems with743 #4  
I have a 743, and it creeps a tiny bit. The parking brake more than holds it, or I can put the bucket down with some force. It stays, then.
It also won't creep if it is throttled all the way down.

/ Problems with743 #5  
The foot pedal pivot and linkage may need some cleaning an lube. Also check the nylon blocks that the seat bar pushes down on when seat bar is lowered. These blocks are part of the pedal lockout to keep pedals from moving while getting in and out of machine, if the nylon is worn down the seat bar cannot disengage the pedal lock far enough to allow free movement.

The park brake is "supposed" to lock automatically when the seat bar is raised, this would keep it from creeping but may put some load on the engine if hydro pump is not in neutral. If the brake is not engaging I suspect someone has removed the brake lock which not a safe situation.

/ Problems with743
Dennis,
Thanks for the tips. I will go check them out but I have not noticed any nylon blocks and I am sure there is no parking brake.

Bobby

/ Problems with743 #7  
Here is a drawing of what the nylon block/pedal lock linkage looks like. There shoudl be 1 on each side of the inside frame.
Seat bar blocks.JPG

The lift (left) pedal hase a bar going across the the chaincase frame, just behind the steering panel, to the control valve. This bar pivots at the center of the chaincase and if the center pivot gets worn pedal can be stifff to move and have loss of movement at the valve spool. (slow lift).

I was thinking 753 when talking about brakes. The 743 is mechanical only. The plate in between the foot pedals is the park brake pedal. Push it forward, toe down, to over-center the palte and lock the brakes. Push heel down to release.

/ Problems with743
Here is a drawing of what the nylon block/pedal lock linkage looks like. There shoudl be 1 on each side of the inside frame.
View attachment 296813

The lift (left) pedal hase a bar going across the the chaincase frame, just behind the steering panel, to the control valve. This bar pivots at the center of the chaincase and if the center pivot gets worn pedal can be stifff to move and have loss of movement at the valve spool. (slow lift).

I was thinking 753 when talking about brakes. The 743 is mechanical only. The plate in between the foot pedals is the park brake pedal. Push it forward, toe down, to over-center the palte and lock the brakes. Push heel down to release.

Dennis,
Thanks again. I really appreciate you and others for the helpful responses.
I was told that the pivoting plate between the pedals was to operate the auger, etc. I will go out and check.
Bobby

/ Problems with743 #9  
Dennis,
Thanks again. I really appreciate you and others for the helpful responses.
I was told that the pivoting plate between the pedals was to operate the auger, etc. I will go out and check.
Bobby

Front hydraulics control is on the right hand steering lever. Move lever side to side (left,right) moving lever all the way to right will lock it into constant flow.

/ Problems with743
Dennis,
Guess mine is an older model as the steering levers do nothing except control forward and rerverse motion.
Thanks,
Bobby