Bobcat backhoe attachment

/ Bobcat backhoe attachment #1  

Shortbed70

I am looking for a backhoe attachment that my 85 643 bobcat can run. I've heard the 709 will work but anybody have a clue on what I should look for? Need to know quickly.

/ Bobcat backhoe attachment #3  
The model 607 was the backhoe attachment built for use on the 642/643 loader. The 607 is rated for 6 ft. dig depth, and 709 is 7ft. That extra depth means the 709 is a heavier attachment and while it will lock on to the QA Bobtach the 643 is going to be very front end heavy, tippy trying to carry it across the ground. Other problem is the necessary lockdown brackets required. A skidloader backhoe attachment needs some type of rigid locking mechanism to lock the backhoe directly to the loader main frame so the lift and tilt cylinders can not move or drift while digging. The brackets used that are bolted to the frame are specfic for each skidloader model, and width of frame of the 607 & 709 are not the same, so locking brackets used to maount the 607 to the 643 will not work to mount the 709 to the 643. Depending on your abilty you might be able to adapt something to accomplish this. Overall you are better off looking for a 607 although they are not as plentiful on the used market.

/ Bobcat backhoe attachment
I have done some searching on the 607 and there are some newer (2000+) model's of 607 but they all say for 743 or bigger. Do I need to try and find an older model or would these work? I guess I'm wondering does the lift of the machine or the breakout what they consider? 1000 lbs isn't very tippy until you get 4-5 foot off the ground. I really only need to pick one up 3 feet to put on the trailer! I am really wanting a backhoe but don't want to buy another machine and not impressed with the single cylinder attachments on eBay! Still searching...

Just found some specs and it shows the 607 as 1200 some odd lbs and my machine is 1000 #cap!! Am I just screwed or what?

/ Bobcat backhoe attachment #6  
The 607 was/is the only backhoe model approved for use on the 643. Not sure about raising it that high to put it on a trailer, but use caution and keep dipper arm tucked in close to the boom so the load is as close to the loader as possible you should be able to do it. Might need to add some counter-weight to rear of the machine.

I can't find where it says it fits the 643 because ive only found newer models! Another site said a 907 is what he used and it actually says it is for my model and built in the 80's... Still hunting

/ Bobcat backhoe attachment #8  
Have you seen this one?
NDgw.jpg

Used 1950 Bobcat Bobcat 607 Backhoe A (16590) - Humboldt, SD 57035*|* Keloland Automall

No location in your profile, so don't know where in the world you are.

I am located in Kansas!

/ Bobcat backhoe attachment #10  
The 907 was rated for use on the 640 & 740 model loaders also.