Any tips on getting a bucket off a bobcat skidsteer

/ Any tips on getting a bucket off a bobcat skidsteer #1  

tucker2

Tractor
Kubota L1500, Iseki TS1910,Trak King dozer
I bought my 1st skidsteer last year and recently tried to unmount the quick release bucket with no luck. I never had a quick release mount before so I need some tips, I tried beating the levers with a
sledge hammer, one lever moved easy but the other won't move at all. I know they work because when I bought it the guy easily swapped out the bucket, I didn't pay much attention then because it
looked so easy. It's a 763 Bobcat with standard bucket.

/ Any tips on getting a bucket off a bobcat skidsteer #2  
my guess it is jambed up with dirt get a water blaster to clean out the linkage and spring area then try tapping the dog that locks into the bucket at the bottom of the bucket at the same time as you put pressure on the lever handle

/ Any tips on getting a bucket off a bobcat skidsteer #3  
Have you tried a cheater pipe slid over the handles?

/ Any tips on getting a bucket off a bobcat skidsteer #4  
There are grease fittings for the pins. Like one poster said sometimes they get jammed up with dirt. If you can blast it out with water and shoot some oil in there it should free up. Make sure you don't have any down pressure on the bucket while trying to lift the leavers.

Bill

/ Any tips on getting a bucket off a bobcat skidsteer #5  
Do what they said as grease is everything. You may have to wait till the bucket is off to get to the grease fittings. Mine have a little play so I have to put pressure on the handle sideways towards the bucket as I pull up to release them. If I pull straight up they seem frozen.

/ Any tips on getting a bucket off a bobcat skidsteer #6  
Set bucket so there is no down pressure on the cutting edge, bucket tillted back slighty so lip of bucket is slightly higher than level. Use cheater bar if needed. There are grease zerks going into the sides of the lock pin tubes, give these a shot of grease every time you grease the loader.

/ Any tips on getting a bucket off a bobcat skidsteer #7  
You may have to put some oil on the pins, look at this picture:
IM004830 oil.jpg

/ Any tips on getting a bucket off a bobcat skidsteer #8  
No doubt you have dirt/rust, perhaps even small stones in the linkage, but one thing I always try to do to help just a bit is park with the bucket level but 1/2 inch off of the ground, then I stand in the bucket. My 300 lbs helps just slightly to "unload" the pins a bit to make them easier to move. I do this with all 3 attachments I have and it really does help. I also lube them up every time I grease the loader. The worst thing you could do is put the bucket on the ground with a little down pressure as they would make the pins tend to bind more.

James K0UA

/ Any tips on getting a bucket off a bobcat skidsteer
Thanks i will try all these tips, I was ready to give up and just buy a set of slip on forks.

/ Any tips on getting a bucket off a bobcat skidsteer #10