Bobcat ACS error code 32-49

/ Bobcat ACS error code 32-49 #1  

catdozer

Platinum Member
Tractor
john deere
Need help with the code. Its a 2006 t190. It will work just fine then throw a code. Where do i start? Ssdoxie?

/ Bobcat ACS error code 32-49 #2  
32-49 is Lift Actuator Short to Ground:
Is code 32-65 also present? If not try steps listed in order.
1. At the control valve swap the actuator harness connectors (connect lift to the tilt harness plug & tilt to the lift). If code changes to 32-50 the Lift actuator is shorted internally - replace it.
If code does not change
2. With harness unplugged at actuator, check for continuity on wires #4670, 4680, & 4690 to ground. If continuity to ground is present on any of these replace harness.
3. Check continuity on wire #4670 at actuator plug to controller plug. If open circuit replace harness. If continuity is present, wiggle/twist the harness to see if connection opens - looking for a partially broken wire at this point.
Note: Also inspect pin connections in the plugs looking for a loose or corroded connection. No signal to the controller in 4670 wire will trigger this code, same as short to ground.

If you do need to replace actuator check the software version in the machine if it has not been updated in past 1 1/2 years. New actuators require 54.6 (believe that is correct version #) or newer. There is a tag on the actuator stating version need. With key on press & hold the Bucket Position button until a number shows in the display.

/ Bobcat ACS error code 32-49
32-49 is Lift Actuator Short to Ground:
Is code 32-65 also present? If not try steps listed in order.
1. At the control valve swap the actuator harness connectors (connect lift to the tilt harness plug & tilt to the lift). If code changes to 32-50 the Lift actuator is shorted internally - replace it.
If code does not change
2. With harness unplugged at actuator, check for continuity on wires #4670, 4680, & 4690 to ground. If continuity to ground is present on any of these replace harness.
3. Check continuity on wire #4670 at actuator plug to controller plug. If open circuit replace harness. If continuity is present, wiggle/twist the harness to see if connection opens - looking for a partially broken wire at this point.
Note: Also inspect pin connections in the plugs looking for a loose or corroded connection. No signal to the controller in 4670 wire will trigger this code, same as short to ground.

If you do need to replace actuator check the software version in the machine if it has not been updated in past 1 1/2 years. New actuators require 54.6 (believe that is correct version #) or newer. There is a tag on the actuator stating version need. With key on press & hold the Bucket Position button until a number shows in the display.

Thank you. Nope just 32-49 is showing. After awhile it stopped throwing code and worked just fine for the rest of the day which was about 4 hours, im about 80 miles from the machine so it will be monday till i get back. If it turns out to be an actuator, how much and how hard are they to replace? Should i do both?

/ Bobcat ACS error code 32-49 #4  
Thank you. Nope just 32-49 is showing. After awhile it stopped throwing code and worked just fine for the rest of the day which was about 4 hours, im about 80 miles from the machine so it will be monday till i get back. If it turns out to be an actuator, how much and how hard are they to replace? Should i do both?

Actuator is somewhere in neighborhood of $550. Not hard to change if you have set of Allen screws for 1/4" drive ratchet. Just be sure to get new screws with the actuator, tighten them on evenly, and just over snug (13 in/lb.). Be sure get the part number from old actuator or take it with to dealer, depending on age and serial number of machine there might be a revision to mounting color needed.

I recommend having dealer install it because he can easily verify correct software version is installed, plus when dealer calibrates it using his Service Software it also checks the control valve for binding or sticking in the spool that could cause actuator to work harder and fail sooner.
As stated before, you do need to check/verify what software version is currently in the machine. Running the latest style actuator on old software will reduce life of the actuator.

Replace both? Look on you current actuators, if there is a sticker on it stating to use software version "xxx" then I would wait for tilt to fail. If there is no sticker on them, if it were mine and planning on keeping the machine for a long time, I would replace them both.

Could you walk me through the process of replacing them? I ordered the lift to replace. And which side is the lift? One I undo the mounting bolt is there anything on the shaft to remove to take it off? Thanks!

/ Bobcat ACS error code 32-49 #6  
Undo the 2 Allen-head bolts then pull back on actuator to expose push pin that goes through actuator tube and eye in end of the spool. When putting actuator on tighten the 2 bolts evenly and DO NOT torque tight, just snug it up. Best if you get new bolts for this, they will come with Loctite pre-applied so no chance of dripping thread lock into actuator or valve. Lift spool is the bottom one of the 2, first spool in the series, closest to inlet flow.
Caution: the new Actuator requires a minimum software version in your machine controller, it will have a tag on it stating the software number. With key on; push and hold in the Bucket Positioning Button, hour meter window will display the software version loaded in you machine. If you number is higher than the tag on actuator your OK, but do need to go through the calibration process.
I always recommend having the dealer to the install because he can update if necessary plus calibrate with the service computer will also check the valve for any abnormal resistance in the spool, or voltage drop in the wiring.

Undo the 2 Allen-head bolts then pull back on actuator to expose push pin that goes through actuator tube and eye in end of the spool. When putting actuator on tighten the 2 bolts evenly and DO NOT torque tight, just snug it up. Best if you get new bolts for this, they will come with Loctite pre-applied so no chance of dripping thread lock into actuator or valve. Lift spool is the bottom one of the 2, first spool in the series, closest to inlet flow. Caution: the new Actuator requires a minimum software version in your machine controller, it will have a tag on it stating the software number. With key on; push and hold in the Bucket Positioning Button, hour meter window will display the software version loaded in you machine. If you number is higher than the tag on actuator your OK, but do need to go through the calibration process. I always recommend having the dealer to the install because he can update if necessary plus calibrate with the service computer will also check the valve for any abnormal resistance in the spool, or voltage drop in the wiring.

Thank you! So much! The machine was dropped off a couple weeks ago to have the update, but they wanted a $890 to put ONE actuator on 1500 For both. And that's not including parts! So I have the actuator just need to install I this weekend, once I have it installed I will take it back in for them to do a scan on it.

Also on a friends machine (also a t190) we have been getting a low voltage spontaneous, once a month then to could get it 10 times a day. Ideas?

/ Bobcat ACS error code 32-49 #8  
Treat the low voltage warning the same as any other machine with early signs of battery or charging problem. Check/clean cable connections at both the battery and terminal ends (positive & ground connections), load test battery, and check alternator charge. Only difference is the controller can detect a voltage drop in the system before the battery shows weak or sluggish cranking problem. If everything in engine compartment tests OK, follow the harness to front of the machine, checking each plug connection (red wires) for signs of corrosion of loose connection. Corrosion in the fuse panel can cause this too.

So I can't get the new screws. Bobcat said they can't get them for 2 weeks. So could I just get the correct size at the local farm store instead? Also would you happen to know what size the Allen screw is? Was going to buy the correct 1/4 I need and match with the new screw.

/ Bobcat ACS error code 32-49 #10  
You can reuse the screws if you can't get new, just put a dab of low torque thread sealant on them and let partially dry before use. I think the allen head is 3/16" not positive. Reason for the Loctite sis too keep from vibrating loose, only want to torque screws to about 90 in/lb.