Bobcat b250 fuel pump question.

/ Bobcat b250 fuel pump question. #1  

yelonutz

Tractor
Bobcat b250
Hi folks, new guy here. I have a 2002 Bobcat b250 and am having a fuel problem. I have traced it down to no power to the fuel pump. If I run a 12 v jumper from the battery things work great. All the fuses tested good. I can not find a manuel or wiring diagram. All the wiring is red with yellow plastic numbered collars on the ends so I can't trace the wires source. I need to know if I run a new separate wire will I need 12 v to the pump all the time or just during cranking/starting? Also, if I run a separate wire to the pump, what size fuse do I use? Thanks in advance.

John

/ Bobcat b250 fuel pump question. #2  
Power to the fuel pump should be wire with collar number 31, goes to 10 amp fuse and wire should have same collar number at the fuse end. Power needs to be supplied all the time with key in run and/or start position.

/ Bobcat b250 fuel pump question.
Thank you for this information. I removed the seat and was able to trace the wire from pump to fuse block. The problem was that there was no fuse. I had already changed out the fuel pump so I put in a fuse 5 amp for that replacement pump) and the problem was solved. I tore down the old pump and found a small splinter of wood keeping the check valve open. I have no idea why the previous owner (owners) removed the fuse. By the way, my manual doesn't show anything about this fuse or even mention a fuel pump. Any sugestions on were to get a decent manual? Thanks again for taking time to help out, I love this little hoe!

NUTZ

/ Bobcat b250 fuel pump question. #4  
No idea on a manual, but do yourself a favor and install an inline fuel filter between tank and the fuel pump.

/ Bobcat b250 fuel pump question.
Replacement pump (NAPA) came with one. Thanks again.