Overturned bobcat excavator

/ Overturned bobcat excavator
The excavator has been extricated! Didn't take $2000 of crane time. A reputable crane company suggested a better solution. A heavy OTR hauler and experience pulled it out in a few minutes. Notice the two cables. By jockeying the excavator between the cables no further damage was sustained.

up.JPG out.JPG

/ Overturned bobcat excavator #12  
Bet that wasn't cheap either....but cheaper than a crane.

/ Overturned bobcat excavator #13  
I wear my seatbelt even tilling on flat land. I may look like a dork to some but at least I should be ok in a roll over. Glad no one was hurts. How's the engine?

/ Overturned bobcat excavator
I wear my seatbelt even tilling on flat land. I may look like a dork to some but at least I should be ok in a roll over. Glad no one was hurts. How's the engine?

Owner is letting the machine sit a while. Hoping most of the engine oil will drain down. Before starting, he'll do a fluid service and turn the engine over by hand.

/ Overturned bobcat excavator #15  
When something like this happens, (side ways, upside down, etc) how long does it take before the engine shuts down?
Are operators quick enough to shut it down by hand, while they worry about where they are about to go?
Would it save anything if it gets shut down soon enough??

/ Overturned bobcat excavator #16  
No oil pressure shut down will occur in about 30 seconds, sufficient time to save engine from lubrication damage. The greater risk in this case is oil flowing into the valve cover, through the PVC valve to the intake manifold and getting drawn into cylinders and bending rod while it is still running.