907 hoe attachment & S185?

/ 907 hoe attachment & S185? #1  

JJZ 109

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380/LA344 loader/60" MMM, Bobcat S185 skid steer, JD X394 4 wheel steer mower
Just browsing around at the moment, not ready to show up with cash or make a deal with anyone yet but have a question. Will a 907 backhoe work on my 2008 S185 (non high flow)? Here's what I saw on the local CL:
Bobcat backhoe attachment
Backhoe attachment
Also checking out some lower priced units from Titan and Quick Attach (Erskine) on ebay that do not swing.

/ 907 hoe attachment & S185? #2  
I don't believe you can get brackets to mount the 907 on your machine.

It's a good thing though, IMO, the 907 was not a very good backhoe, the 709 is far better.

Ed

/ 907 hoe attachment & S185?
Thanks Ed. I wouldn't do a ton with it so I've been considering some of the non swing units for the lower price. Haven't made a decision on it yet.

/ 907 hoe attachment & S185? #6  
Now leaning toward one of these: Skid Steer Backhoe Attachments - Bobcat Skidsteer Backhoes Loader Mounts & Accessories | Skid Steer Solutions | Eterra E60 Skid Steer Backhoe
Still need to know if any special considerations are needed, like will I have to somehow adapt the hoe to my 7 or 14 pin connectors?

There is only 1 hydraulic function on this type of hoe, which is the bucket curl and runs off the hydraulic auxiliary coupler operated by the right hand thumb switch. The 2 or 14 pin wire connection is only used if there are 2 or more hydraulic functions on the attachment so a diverter valve is used and the wire harness sends power to the diverter valve.

Thank you Dennis. Was hoping you'd chime in here. The only hydraulic attachment that I currently have is an Erskine snow blower. I don't recall whether the skid steer came with 7 pin or 14 when I bought it last year, but the snow blower dealer did include whichever the implement needed so I now have both.
For my occasional non industrial use I decided to buy the Eterra. It should ship this coming Monday.