BOBCAT 763 OVERHEATING

/ BOBCAT 763 OVERHEATING #1  

mattk

Tractor
bobcat 763
HOPEFULLYAD SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN HELP. I WAS DOING SOME DIGGING TONIGHT AND AFTER 15 MIINS I HAD A LOT OF STEAM COMING OUT OF RAD CAP IT LOOKED LIKE. I SHUT IT DOWN AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES. IT WAS GURGLING BAD. ANTIFREEZE SHOT ALL OVER THE PLACE INCLUDING MYSELF. I COULDNT TELL IF IT CAM OUT OF CAP OR RESEVOIR BOTTLE. I MOUNTED A BOTTLE NEXT TO HYDRAULIC FLUID RESEVOIR UNDER THE CAB SINCE THERE WASNT A BOTTLE WHEN I BOUGHT IT LAST MONTH. AFTER LIFTING THE CAB I SAW THAT THE RESEVOIR BOTTLE WAS EMPTY AND THE CAP WAS BLOWN OFF. WHY WOULD I HAVE ALL THE PRESSURE. BAD THERMOSTAT? BAD HEAD? PLEASE HELP. NEED TO COMPLETE JOB BY TOMORROW NIGHT

/ BOBCAT 763 OVERHEATING #2  
The original overflow bottle set just to the left side of the radiator when you open the top grill.
Purging the radiator takes some extra care because it lays almost horizontal. Need to fill radiator and 1/2 full bottle, then run it until warm (thermostat open) then check both radiator and bottle level. Add coolant if necessary then repeat process until full.
If you had put coolant in the bottle, and is now empty, may not have gotten radiator completely purged.
Hope the Head hasn't cracked.