S185 1pic

/ S185 1pic #1  

merlynr

Silver Member
Tractor
IH Farmall H, IH454,Kubota L3800,Bobcat S185
Here's a pic of the S185 that I've had about a month and still learning how to operate. This a a newer bucket that I bought to replace the original because it is almost junk. I got the bobtach working and welded up a couple of cracks on the bobtach bracket. It still has all of that dried concrete splashed on the front.

Attachments

• bobcat.jpg
    bobcat.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 147
   / S185 1pic #2  
How many hours? Looks like the tires are getting a little skimpy. I bought a 2008 S185 with 1200 hours on it in August 2012. Great little machine. I really like the heat/AC and power Bob Tach. Works nice for snow removal with a 73 inch blower.

/ S185 1pic
How many hours? Looks like the tires are getting a little skimpy. I bought a 2008 S185 with 1200 hours on it in August 2012. Great little machine. I really like the heat/AC and power Bob Tach. Works nice for snow removal with a 73 inch blower.

The power bob tach wasn't working too good at first until I took it all apart and cleaned off all the concrete around the moving parts and greased them. It's an 05/06 with 1620 hrs and keyless with no ac and the front door is missing, The tires are foam filled and nearly slick. The engine oil filter was marked 3/2713 but the oil is pretty dark. I know diesels get that way quicker than gas powered engines and the only diesel I've ever owned is my 2 year old Kubota L3800(with manual bobtach)and the oil is still very clean with only one oil change at 50 hrs.

/ S185 1pic #4  
I've put a little over 100 hours on mine since buying it. Keyless/digital display here also. Very happy with it so far. I've only had one minor issue. It started to show low oil pressure when it warmed up and would sound the alarm. A couple of times it shut down. I removed the oil pressure sensor and put a mechanical gauge on and it had plenty of oil pressure. Replaced the sensor and she's been good to go ever since. Guys at the local Bobcat dealer said they've seen the sensors go bad just out of the factory on new machines.
I changed the oil this fall on mine. Later I'll check out how many hours are on it and look at the color and give a post to let you know how it looks.

/ S185 1pic #5  
I checked it last night while fueling up after some snow removal. 55 hours on the oil now. It's definitely not black yet.

/ S185 1pic
I think I'm going to change the oil and filter when the weather warms up(whenever that is).