Buying Advice S150 auger

/ S150 auger #1  

larsfisk

Tractor
Bobcat s150
Anyone have any experience running an auger attachment on a Bobcat S150? I'm looking to buy the machine and attachment do dig into some very compacted, rocky soil and don't know if this set-up will do the job. Any advice out there?

Thanks!!

Lars Fisk

/ S150 auger #2  
Never ran an S150, but I'm boring holes with my T320 this week. The ground is rocky (I'm in the Rocky Mountains), mostly fractured limestone. The auger will do it, but you have to get off and clear rocks out of the hole sometimes. Bring a rock bar.

/ S150 auger #3  
Hi
I am looking at obtaining an Auger (Tungsten type) for rocky terrain (coffee rock)
I have a CAT 246 skidsteer and a Fiat Tractor, I have had quotes on the skidsteer attachment
and they are about twice the price of a Tractor attachment.
what machine would you use?

/ S150 auger #4  
I chose using a skid steer attachment because I can use down pressure. I can bore holes without help (if I have to) and see the auger without twisting myself like a pretzel to see behind the tractor.
I remember using the 3 point augers on an old MF 65. The guy on the tractor with his body twisted 180 degrees, and the guy on the ground with a bar stuck in the auger pulling down to get it to dig, and if the auger got hung up you needed a big pipe wrench to back it out. With the skid steer, I just hit the hydraulics in reverse.
I bought my auger not long ago at an equipment auction. It was new on a pallet with 2 augers, I gave $2150.00 and drove away very happy.
It's up to you what you want to use, but the skid steer auger will save you enough in labor to pay for itself pretty quick in my opinion.