Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #11  
Ok I dont know which wires you switched, the only solenoids under there is gonna be on the control valve, what we done to check for a bad actuator was to swap wires from one handle to the other under there where they plug into the harness, then if the problem moved to the other handle it is an actuator problem, if it didn't move the problem is in the handle, this may be what you done as I'm not sure exactly where you swapped wires.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer
Ironically, I received a registered letter from Bobcat last week informing me that they have learned that a printed wiring board assembly inside the sensor assembly of my loader's hand control system does not meet performance specifications.

They list 3 symptoms of having a bad circuit board -- and it matches my exact problem.

They will be sending me a second letter when the replacement board assembly is available -- which will be replaced at no cost to me.

I am pretty confident that when this board assembly gets replaced, my loader will work just fine again.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #13  
What timing. Thats great Dave.
Eric

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #14  
<font color="blue"> I received a registered letter from Bobcat ... </font>

Great news! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Not sure anyone is interested in how my situation turned out, but today, yes 5.5 months after receiving my initial letter from Bobcat, the replacement parts have arrived, and the service guy came out to do the replacement. After replacing the recalled parts my machine still did not work. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Apparently my thought that this recalled part would solve my problem was incorrect.

Turns out it was the actuator. Even though I've only got 86 hours on my machine, it's over 2 years old and thus out of warranty. Luckily the guy had an actuator for my machine in his truck. Once installed, I'm now back in business! Woohoo!

I've now buying an auger (Model 30C) and will be installing some High Tensile Fence very soon. This fence is to hopefully stop my latest problem -- Jeeps and Pickups driving onto my property and doing doughnuts, and joyriding.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #16  
Does that mean they had you foot the repair bill? Or was there a little leniency because of the time delay on parts? At least it's fixed and back to running. Are you going to add some type of visibility markers to your fencing?

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does that mean they had you foot the repair bill? Or was there a little leniency because of the time delay on parts? At least it's fixed and back to running. Are you going to add some type of visibility markers to your fencing? )</font>

Hey I see you are from Maryland too. Are you one of those people doing donuts on Gatorboy's property?

Just kidding. It is sad that some people have no respect for other peoples things. What's even worse is that he has to spend some of his own money to try and rectify the situation.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #18  
Thanks for the update Dave, why did it take so long to get this work done on the Bobcat. Were you not in a hurry or was the company really slow? If this machine would have belonged to a contractor that depended on it daily 5.5 months would not be acceptable. I sure could get by without my skid steer for that long.

Eric

If you look at my post from December, Bobcat told me they would be sending me a second letter, so I just waited because with the Winter coming up, I didn't need by Bobcat. Well, April came and I still never received a letter so I went into my local Dealer to find out what the story was.

They said that I needed to go through them -- so they ordered me the kit and told me it would be ready in a week. After 3 weeks went by I called them and they said it hadn't arrived and they would be calling me when it does. Well, I then called the Headquarters in North Dakota and they said they were sending kits out on a daily basis. Hmmmm... I called back to Bobcat of Baltimore and they now told me that the old Service Manager was let go and everything was in chaos over there and as soon as they could get my kit together they would call me. Well, another 2 weeks went by and was told that apparently the kit had been ordered before I originally came in and these kits could not be re-ordered from the factory once they had sent a replacement, and they were still in search of my kit. Then after 6 weeks, they finally called with news that they had it.

I had them come out to replace it (on their dime), and when they put it in, my machine still had the same problem. Even though my machine only has 87 hours on it, it is over 2 years old, so the actuator he put in was charged to me.

At this point, I'm just happy to have it running.

Now, the auger is ready for me, but the 6" bit I want is not in stock and will take 2-3 weeks to come in. Here we go again. I'm not too happy with Bobcat of Baltimore right now.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #20  
What a mess that sounds like. Good thing you had the time available to get that mess worked out.

You will really enjoy that hydraulic auger. I was really lucky and was given a McMillian auger head with the hex end off an excavator. I built a quick attach mount and had to buy a 9” bit. I had about $400 into the tool including the bit when I was done. Now I’m wanting a 18” bit for those bigger jobs. The trouble is they are very heavy duty and demand a heavy price ($500). Someday I will get one but it always seems to be down on the list. Anyways I have drilled a lot of hole and have been very happy with the results.

Eric