Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #41  
Hi,
I am brand new to this forum but you guys are discussing my exact problem and I was wondering if you had any thoughts on my specific case.

I purchased a 2003 T200 with 2500 hrs and dual controls on it a few weeks back. When I purchased it (private sale) the arms would lift but the bucket wouldn稚 tilt. As soon as I would try to tilt the bucket the ACS light would come on and neither would work.

The machine was just covered in Georgia Clay and mud so I broke out the pressure washer and three hours later finally had it cleaned up. To my delight when I started it both actuators worked and I looked back with gratitude that my mother had forced me to use soap and value cleanliness... Unfortunately it only lasted five minutes. Now as soon as I start the machine I get the three beeps and the ACS light comes on locking both actuators.

I have spent the last couple weeks tracing wires and cleaning contacts. I have found three ground problems and fixed them but with no result. Unfortunately all the obscenities that I can think of have also had no effect...

I finally took it to the bobcat dealership and they charged me 85 dollars to push in the light switch and give me the code... (32-34) they also said that they switched the wiring to test the controls with no change. They informed me that they had no idea what the problem actually was but they would be happy to start changing out parts (1000.00 each) until it revealed itself... I loaded the machine back on the trailer and it is now safely stowed back in my garage.

I have tried the battery disconnect reset and the reset by using the release on the hand controls and holding them together while turning on the key all to no avail. I am just about to purchase new actuators and just bite the bullet unless you have any idea what else it could be.

I would speculate that it has to be the actuators accept that when I had gotten the thing wet both worked. Do you fellas have any idea where I could go next? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks. JB DeVore.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #42  
If the error code is consitantly the tilt actuator, then unplug both actuators and plug the tilt harness into the lift and lift into tilt then try it again. If code changes to lift actuator error the tilt actuator is failed or tilt spool is stuck out of neutral. If code does not chage then problem is in wire harness to controller or in controller. More than likely it is an actuator. Buying and installing new actuators yourself will not work unless the dealer upgraded the software when he was checking it. Software must be version 56 or higher for the new actuators to calibrate correctly. Turn key on then push and hold the bucket positioning button until the hourmeter displays the software version number to check.

Lift acutator is the bottom one, tilt is on top of it.

Last edited:
   / Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #43  
If the error code is consitantly the tilt actuator, then unplug both actuators and plug the tilt harness into the lift and lift into tilt then try it again. If code changes to lift actuator error the tilt actuator is failed or tilt spool is stuck out of neutral. If code does not chage then problem is in wire harness to controller or in controller. More than likely it is an actuator. Buying and installing new actuators yourself will not work unless the dealer upgraded the software when he was checking it. Software must be version 56 or higher for the new actuators to calibrate correctly. Turn key on then push and hold the bucket positioning button until the hourmeter displays the software version number to check.

Lift acutator is the bottom one, tilt is on top of it.

Thank you I will check that out in the morning. It turns out that Bobcat also has a service directive that may also fix this problem. I called bobcat directly because I was dissatisfied with the service at my local dealer. I asked them to check and see if there was a service directive or recall for this machine and sure enough there was. They are sending a tech out to my home Wednesday for free to fix it. If anyone has this problem check with your regional rep or local service dealer to see if your machine might also be eligible.

Thanks again.
JB

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #44  
This is way too late for original Gatorboy post...
Have 2001 863G loader have same problem with ACS lockout and error code 32-34 and 32-65. First time at ~700 hours dealer replaced the 2 hand actuators @$700 each plus programing... Ouch, lesson learned, integrity issues @ dealership. Now when I get the ACS lockout put in warm shop with strong fan blowing in the right side of engine compartment. I've tried chasing connections, dielectric grease on the grounds... Just about time I'm willing to pay whatever it takes to get it running again, the code disappears, it takes several days to a week but once dry will work fine for about a year or till water saturates some hidden electrical connection. Live in coastal Alaska, yearly precip is about 80"/ yr, dryer location may not have problem unless you pressure wash it.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #45  
Hello from northern canada
Bobcat 220 kubota engine. Seems to be locked up as starter won't turn over. How easy is it to turn crank with wrench
That's the engine that seems to have locked up. Was running and quit and restarted then quit again. Acted just like fuel problem. Then starter wouldn't turn engine. Then replaced starter. Did not turn engine over

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #46  
You can use a socket wrench on the crankshaft pulley nut, be sure to set the rachet to tighten "right hand thread, clockwise rotation" otherwise it might lossen that nut. Nut holds the pulley and oil pump drive gear in place. If it won't rotate try removing flywheel to see if possibly a mounting bolt came loose and is back out catching on the flywheel. if it still won't rotate, remove injecotrs - if it rotates then, there is/was fluid on top of a piston.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #47  
I have an 873 bobcat, just out of the blue today- the ahc light came on. and its showing a code 32-31 can anyone tell me where to start looking?

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #48  
I have an 873 bobcat, just out of the blue today- the ahc light came on. and its showing a code 32-31 can anyone tell me where to start looking?

32-32 is Tilt Actuator Fault. Internal short or open circuit in tilt actuator.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #49  
I have much the same problem on my T200 with leccy hand controls 2003, every winter and can also happen if I give it a good pressure washing, the ACS lights up and lift tilt stops working, I have the problem right now, thought it might be one of the dash panels so got them in house at moment, symtoms this time were lift working fine and tilt was slow so stopped and restarted and now press green operate button 3 beeps then ACS lockout, condensation is somewhere but not easy to pin point, park it in a drying wind will fix it sooner or later, lifted the cab and all connectors are dry, it's a pain, surly someone knows where this problem lies?.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #50  
I have much the same problem on my T200 with leccy hand controls 2003, every winter and can also happen if I give it a good pressure washing, the ACS lights up and lift tilt stops working, I have the problem right now, thought it might be one of the dash panels so got them in house at moment, symtoms this time were lift working fine and tilt was slow so stopped and restarted and now press green operate button 3 beeps then ACS lockout, condensation is somewhere but not easy to pin point, park it in a drying wind will fix it sooner or later, lifted the cab and all connectors are dry, it's a pain, surly someone knows where this problem lies?.

Check the control valve for spool seal leaking into end cap or front cap where actuator attaches. Seal leaking can create hydraulic lock, spool hard to move and/or cannot return to neutral. Spool out of neutral when handle is will give a code and lock system up.