Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #61  
Ok thats good to know, my T200 2003 is hands only, yes l have a digital multimeter which think is ok, just tried it on a new 9v duracell and reads 972.

Had it going today and this time on start up there was no hissing, press green button and no hissing, drove it for about 100yds trying not to move hand controls left or right and went over some bumps then hissing started but could of moved RH handle slightly on bumps, when this happens l do not get ACS lockout, but if l stop and restart the ACS lights up when press green operate, if lucky l will get one chance per day to run it without ACS lockout, normaly first time try after batt disconection.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #62  
Boy that really sounds like the tilt handle sensor is bad. Could be the controller too. If you feel ambitious try switching the handle sensors.If the code changes to the lift you know the sensor is bad. You got my head spinning trying to figure out your hissing sound is.:confused3:

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #63  
l think the hissing is some oil going to the bottom of the tilt ram, a few days ago l disconected the bottom tilt ram pipe and manually closed the ram then started the engine and the ram opened again very slowly, there is very slight load on the engine when hissing, it's like partial oil flow is somehow flowing to the bottom of ram as if you were moving the handle very slightly to tip the bucket slowly, so now the ram is fully open again and if l move the handle slightly to the right the hissing will stop, then if l push more to the right the the engine comes under load prob because the ram cant go out any more, was going to disconnect ram pipe again and put hose into bucket or back to hyd oil filler and see if flow is varying with hand control movement, l think it will and it should'nt load engine disconnected from ram.

2 years ago l had a very simular prob with the lift side, same hissing noise and lift would creep up on its own and only way l could stop it was move handle fully in lower arms position, but arms would only hold not drop. also had probs with 4 in 1 bucket working very slow or very fast, but these things seem to right themselves somehow, l put it down to moisture.

Will have a look in manual and see what sort of a job to swop handle sensors, when you ambitous its prob a *****.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #64  
Now i've had a sleep on it, you told me the 2 10v solenoids are aux and has given me a clue to what might have something to do with the prob, since i've had the machine and when any previous probs present the 4 in 1 bucket has been on, this year l fitted a standard bucket so no aux flow being used, so will put 4 in 1 back on and see if aux is working ok, by working aux might clear stuck valve???? think it's worth a try, could just try aux pressure release and if that does anything. keep you posted, MANY THANKS.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #65  
Now i've had a sleep on it, you told me the 2 10v solenoids are aux and has given me a clue to what might have something to do with the prob, since i've had the machine and when any previous probs present the 4 in 1 bucket has been on, this year l fitted a standard bucket so no aux flow being used, so will put 4 in 1 back on and see if aux is working ok, by working aux might clear stuck valve???? think it's worth a try, could just try aux pressure release and if that does anything. keep you posted, MANY THANKS.

You got 2 different issues going on. I concur that 1 of your AUX valves is sticking or the spool is sticking. That would explain the uncommanded movement of your lift and tilt. Also would explain the "Hissing". You may want to remove the AUX valve stems and check the o-rings. This is usually where I see them fail and let oil move the spool. FYI This condition will not cause your ACS light to come on and lock out the Lift/tilt. There is something going on in the Tilt circuit.(sensor) FYI The AUX PSI RELEASE button dose nothing but stop the engine. That function was written out of the software a long time ago!:thumbsup:

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #66  
Ok thanks, hope to have a go the weekend

Last edited:
   / Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #67  
Simple way to remove Auxiliary problem from affecting the ACS is to install a short loop hose (with a male and female coupler) on the front couplers. This will allow any fluid flow there to move freely without causing back pressure in the control valve. Then if/when the ACS error comes on swap the electrical connection of the lift and tilt actuators (2 electric motors on the front of the valve). Left hand will then control tilt and Right hand will control lift. If the code changes to a lift actuator error the problem is in the Tilt Actuator or internal in control valve. If same tilt code comes on problem is either in Right handle, wiring, or controller.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #68  
Thanks SSdoxie good tips, Ok here we go, fired it up on Sunday and pressed green OL and no ACS and no hissing, when last time parked up the QA was in full tip position (no bucket) , lift arms working fine so try to close QA ram and it did but stutters about the last 25% of travel, hissing started and QA starting to tip v slowly so push handle right and closes again, hissing stops, switch on variable flow and tried applying attachment pressure and QA starts to tip slowly again, so got it back again with handle, drive 100yds to 4 in 1 and fit, try 4 in 1 open/close ok, leave running 30mins, park it up switch off engine, restart/press OL and ACS back on, annoying but got much further than previous attempts, weather has been not so wet in recent weeks.

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #69  
Interesting reading , sounds like computers are more trouble than the old mechanical levers .

/ Help: ACS Error on Bobcat Skid Steer #70  
Thanks SSdoxie good tips, Ok here we go, fired it up on Sunday and pressed green OL and no ACS and no hissing, when last time parked up the QA was in full tip position (no bucket) , lift arms working fine so try to close QA ram and it did but stutters about the last 25% of travel, hissing started and QA starting to tip v slowly so push handle right and closes again, hissing stops, switch on variable flow and tried applying attachment pressure and QA starts to tip slowly again, so got it back again with handle, drive 100yds to 4 in 1 and fit, try 4 in 1 open/close ok, leave running 30mins, park it up switch off engine, restart/press OL and ACS back on, annoying but got much further than previous attempts, weather has been not so wet in recent weeks.

You described to a tee a failed or failing o-ring on one of the AUX valve stems.:confused3: