T320 cooling fan motor, What a pain!

/ T320 cooling fan motor, What a pain! #1  

redprospector

Silver Member
Tractor
Fecon FTX 90 /Pieces of an ASV 4810 / JD 440b skidder / JD 450b dozer / Bobcat T320 / Hydro Ax 311c
I just had to change the cooling fan motor in my T320. What a pain in the butt!
It started leaking a little oil around the seal. That's when I found out that Bobcat doesn't have a rebuild kit, seal kit, or any other kind of kit for the hydraulic motor that drives the fan. I waited until it was spewing oil pretty good before I ordered the new motor. $750 for the motor :eek: and 10 hours of being hunched over like a monkey on a football, and I had it changed.
Anyone else ever have to go through this fiasco?
I ran it around a little today moving logs, everything seems ok. I'm going to try it mulching some tomorrow if it doesn't rain me out again.

/ T320 cooling fan motor, What a pain!
Well, all I can say is that I should have changed the fan motor a lot earlier.
Evidently it hasn't been turning like it should since it started leaking. I ran the mulcher on it yesterday and today. My engine and oil temps were down by 10 or more degrees from what it's been running lately.

/ T320 cooling fan motor, What a pain! #3  
I think doing about anything on a Bobcat is a pain. Glad you got it fixed.

I think doing about anything on a Bobcat is a pain. Glad you got it fixed.

Hard to argue with that. :laughing:
Thanks, I'm glad it's fixed too. :thumbsup:

/ T320 cooling fan motor, What a pain! #5  
Sorry you had to go through that but I'd have been scared to death with that oil building up in the engine compartment. The hot manifolds are on the back of the 3800 motor!

Sorry you had to go through that but I'd have been scared to death with that oil building up in the engine compartment. The hot manifolds are on the back of the 3800 motor!

It was a little nerve wracking. There was very little oil went into the engine compartment though, it stayed on the plastic shroud that the fan motor mounts to and ran out by the fuel filler, and the hydraulic oil fill. I should have changed it out a lot sooner than I did.