Bobcat S570 control options

/ Bobcat S570 control options #1  

thorholt

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6010PC
Hello, I am ready to pull the trigger on a low hour S570 skidsteer and I have a question about the reliability of the SJC control option, One of the machines I am dealing on has the selectable joystick controls on it and I really like the way they feel or work, I will probably never use most of the features they offer as I only use the bucket or grapple but they are easy on the hands,
My concern is reliability of the system, I dug around on the net and found some horror stories from back in 2007 but nothing really on the newer models, Any opinions from anybody that has some hours on one of these systems? Thanks

/ Bobcat S570 control options #2  
Bobcat was the first to introduce "operate by wire" (electric over hydraulics) control in skid-steer and track loaders. They did encounter some problems, part of this was a learning curve on Engineering but most of it was due to technology available at the time. At present, this system is durable enough that Bobcat will often times give a 3year/3000 hour warranty on that SJC system as a sales incentive. Up until a couple years ago Caterpillar used a pilot operated/all hydraulics. Now that technology has improved and Bobcat has made significant changes, Caterpillar now uses close to the same "Operate by wire" system, and John Deere has joined the group copying both. Last significant changes in Bobcat's happened 4-5 years ago, so if machine is newer than that I wouldn't worry about it.

The first S570 was built less than 3 years ago.

/ Bobcat S570 control options
Thanks for the Info SSdoxie, I now feel more comfortable moving on and making the deal.

Another question, About the engine this time, The machine I am looking at is a 2013 S570 with IT4 emissions, From what I can gather on the net this is the Kubota engine and it still uses a injection pump with electronic controls on it, My other choice of machines is a 2014 S570 that is T4 emissions and has the Doosan engine with high pressure rail injection, this machine does not have the Joystick controls, but has selectable hand controls.
My question is that it seems like the Kubota is a very limited run engine with IT4, 2-3 years and Bobcat is now going with Doosan engines, Is the Kubota going to be troublesome, expensive to fix or hard to get parts for? Should I give up on the joysticks and settle for hand controls? the machines have close to the same hours, same price 2 different dealers, the 2013 is 60 miles away, the 2014 is 140 miles, they are my closest dealers so I do most of my own repairs but warranty issues that may come up would require some travel time either way.

/ Bobcat S570 control options #5  
I have a 2008 s185 with sjc and have not had one problem with it. Once you go hand controls You will never go back.

/ Bobcat S570 control options #6  
I would get the new doosan engine I have heard the new it4 Kubota engines are a pain witch is why bobcat left Kubota, doosan has been making diesel engines for over 50 years.

/ Bobcat S570 control options #8  
A minor correction on some information: The iT4 Kubota in the S570 is NOT electronic control. It is mechanical injection with manual throttle and uses an EGR to meet iT4 compliance for this HP range for machines built from 2008 through 2013. This engine is under the 75HP break so is not same system used on the 3.8L iT4 Kubota that is High Pressure Common Rail, Electronic injected and has DPF. The Kubota iT4 engine used in the 500 & 600 models have been in use starting in 2008. 2014 models the change was made to the Doosan built T4 engine in all 35 - 75 HP machines built for use in North America. Same machines going to countries not requiring T4 compliance still get the Kubota engine.

Thorholt, The 2014 machine you mentioned has what Bobcat refers to as ACS (Advanced Control System). The loader lift and bucket work on the same "operate by wire" technology used in the SJC (Joystick) machines, primary difference is the drive control. On the ACS the drive levers are mechanical linkage to the pump so you get and feel feedback from the pumps when going to hard digging. The SJC is Operate by Wire so you do not feel any resistance in the levers going into the same hard dig.

Thanks SSdoxie, Once again that is the info I am after, The Joysticks are going to win over the Doosan for now, I am glad to know that the Kubota is the same as the 08-on up, My 773 was Kubota and the engine was fine, I do like the way the modern high pressure rail engines run and was hoping to get that with the joysticks but it will have to wait till my next machine, Picking it up tomorrow, Thanks for all the input everyone!