Bobcat T250

/ Bobcat T250 #1  

pierce27360

Tractor
Massy Fergusson, 135
Son-in-law has a Bobcat T250.
It runs great, you can run it all day. The problem is getting it to start back up after turning it off.
I'll start back after a few hours or next morning.
Any advice for this diesel machine would certainly be appreciated.
Thanks. Calvin

/ Bobcat T250 #2  
Does it crank over and not start or just not ?

/ Bobcat T250 #6  
I have an old 743 model so not the same but the first thing I would check is the glow plugs
1. With mine you need to turn the key to the left and hold it against the spring for 20 seconds to heat the glow plugs before starting a cold engine
2. If you have been giving the glow plugs time to heat but they are blown it will still be hard to start when cold. Check with a multi meter you are getting current to them and the plugs have the right resistance you will need to look up what the resistance is for your model

/ Bobcat T250 #7  
Yes, black smoke while it is turning over.

Smoke of some sort indicates you are getting fuel. Black smoke is too rich mixture:
1. Make sure air filters are clean.
2. At about center of the muffler on the bottom is a pipe plug (muffler spark arrestor clean out), remove that plug then try starting. Muffler could be plug with build up residue, but have also see some that internal baffle breaks loose and falls over the exhaust outlet. This restricts the out flow, thus preventing new fresh air entering the cylinders on each stroke.
If it starts better with the lug removed let it run for about 1/2 hour then put plug back in and try it again. If it fails to start or same symptom comes back you will need to replace muffler.

try these 2 things first then report back outcome.