763 F series bobcat tension pully for main pump

/ 763 F series bobcat tension pully for main pump #1  

bcunningham

Tractor
bobcat 763
adjusted correct and checked after run, can the pump be locking and burning the belt off? I broke down the idler and cleaned, greased found one issue i will have to correct but bearing is fine. tractor will jump sometimes w no input ive ordered parts and if is the blocks and levers should have this fixed soon. im just wonder if anyone has had a pump lock up erratically and thus burning the belt up?

/ 763 F series bobcat tension pully for main pump #2  
I haven't heard of that happening, but I haven't heard everything! :D

Give us an update when you find the cause.

/ 763 F series bobcat tension pully for main pump #3  
Sudden, jerky, erradic movement is most likely due to worn blocks, cam rollers, and/or pintle levers. Thsi would affect belt or breakage, that sounds more like the coil spring in the tensoining wheel is bound up. When tensioner is properly adjusted the pointer on pulley should be aime straight back @ 3:00 position. If you loosen the slide mount bolts the pulley wheel will move upward and the pointer shoud move towards the the 12:00 position. If the pointer does not change position the coil spring inside the tensioner is bound up or broken. Thsi spring movement is neccesary to maintain blet tension during fluctuation of the pump load.