Bobcat 763 Fuel Issues

/ Bobcat 763 Fuel Issues #1  

JoeBob394

Tractor
John Deere 5100R
Recently started working on a 763C with the Kubota engine. The unit has been sitting for several years, but initially cranked as it always had. After adding fuel, we can not get any fuel to the primer bulb, nor will it flow with the bulb removed. Is there a solenoid or check valve on the fuel line from the tank? We have tried to prime the system with the filler cap loosened as well as with the key on. The primer bulb collapsed and we could only release the vacume from it by removing it from the fuel line. Any suggestions are appreciated.

/ Bobcat 763 Fuel Issues #2  
There is a screen with a check valve on the end of the pickup hose in the tank.

/ Bobcat 763 Fuel Issues #3  
My 763F does not have a check valve. This version never did. You have something stuck in the line. If it has never been replaced... do it now.
Change the pick up tube as well as the fuel lines. You won't know if you have a check valve in yours until you pull it out to have a look. Some people will put a air hose to the fuel line to try to blow it out. Just light pressure as you don't want to blow off the check valve if yours has it.
You could also have some crap in the fuel tank that keeps blocking the fuel. That's pretty common too. Let us know how you make out.

This is what the pick up tube and related parts look like in a 763F.
Bobcat 763F FuelPickUpParts Illustrated.JPG

/ Bobcat 763 Fuel Issues
Thanks SSdoxie and HarryN. We removed the pick up tube this morning and there is a backflow preventing bearing in the inlet screen, and it was stuck in the closed position. I have ordered the assembly and will install it tomorrow when it arrives. Thank you for your help.

/ Bobcat 763 Fuel Issues #5  
Be sure to post a picture of the assembly. May help others.
I think that by the time Bobcat got to the "F" series, they abandoned the check valve.