Bobcat skid steer, tooth bar question

/ Bobcat skid steer, tooth bar question #1  

paul173

Tractor
bobcat
I bought a tooth bar for my bucket, it was suppose to be 66". it is 2 3/4 short. should I bolt it on and bend the arms in or take it back. Cost 658.00. waited 3 weeks for it, disappointed to say the least., thanks for opinions, Paul

/ Bobcat skid steer, tooth bar question #2  
I'd contact the seller and make arrangements to send it back or swap it for the correct one. No way would I modify it.

/ Bobcat skid steer, tooth bar question #3  
I would get the correct one to fit. Set this one in the bucket slide all way to one side, then place a ruler over the gap to show the measurement difference and contact the seller and send them the picture to get the correct fit.

/ Bobcat skid steer, tooth bar question #4  
2 good answers above.
For that kind of money, I'd be tempted to look for a real "tooth bucket" at an auction, dealer's yard or craigslist etc. Might only cost a little more if you find a good deal.

/ Bobcat skid steer, tooth bar question #5  
Order a rezloh tooth bar. I ditched my teeth on my Bobcat bucket and went with the rezloh blade. I can grade better and when I am digging rocky areas, I tend to slice more than chip so my materials are smaller. So far, it has held up well. My only complaint is the rezloh is shorter than my teeth were and it is only held on by one bolt versus 2. It comes in 3 pieces, though, and I was told that it wouldn't put too much pressure on the bolts.

It was a lot cheaper than $658 at my dealer and it fits my bobcat 74" C/I bucket

/ Bobcat skid steer, tooth bar question
I'd contact the seller and make arrangements to send it back or swap it for the correct one. No way would I modify it.

Thanks for the advice RDrancher, I am returning it Tuesday. found the exact same on EBay $220.35 cheaper. correct length of 66 inches, Exact steel, teeth type, quality, only I got lifetime warranty, and Free shipping From( Iowa Farm Equipment, phone 1-563-946-2121, Guarantee I will purchase from this company again

/ Bobcat skid steer, tooth bar question #7  
You're quite welcome Paul!

Yellowdog - On the Rezloh...I guess the manufacturer believes the single hole mount is strong enough since the edge is mounted on the bottom? I've heard nothing but good performance out of them, so I don't really have any reason to doubt that it is. I drilled a second set of holes on my bucket so I could run Bobcat bolt-on shanks and teeth and they work pretty good, but the Rezloh still looks interesting. Do you think the edge would work well enough when installing topsoil and gravel to negate the need to bring a second bucket? That would be handy.