S100 or S130 with blower for Snow Removal?

/ S100 or S130 with blower for Snow Removal? #1  

TK Steingass

Tractor
None

Hi fellas:

After 157" of snow this past winter, walking behind my Honda 28" snowblower in -20 weather, I've decided I'm getting long in the tooth. I've decided not to get a Toolcat because the more reasonably priced units have too many hours, and it's really too much machine for my 450 feet of driveway. I already have a Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV so I'm considering a skid steer/snowblower for my driveway. The ATV/snowblower setup is just not maneuverable enough to suit me, plus, I want a heated cab. I've looked at the Bobcat 3650 HDPTO Deluxe - it's nice and all, but a skid steer has a higher lift height/capacity, and, like I said before, I already have an ATV.

Since I'm not doing commercial work and busting down huge packed snowdrifts, I'm thinking a smaller skid steer will fill my needs as a residential owner. I've looked at the S70 with a 48" blower, but I think the machine is a little small, even though Bobcat says the machine/blower is compatible as far as system flow rates. Do any of you have experience with the S100/SB150 (48") or S130/SB200 (60") setup with a blower? If so, how do you like it? Love it, hate it, or disappointed?

After looking at the picture of my driveway, would there be any issues going uphill on my asphalt driveway with a skid steer? Seems all the Utube demos show skid steers blowing snow on flat pavement.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

/ S100 or S130 with blower for Snow Removal? #2  
I have an older SS (same size as a S130) and the hills can be a challenge. Nearly "turtle" it each time I use it on the hills.
The blower will make it more stable, but traction may be a problem. They are great for sidewalks and such, but again, level is better.

I find my tractor a little more stable and has just a little bit better traction with unfilled turf tires. But the benefit of the tractor is that with weight and chains, traction can be had. Can't run chains on a SS and steel tracks would be a very bad idea.