V417 Versahandler

/ V417 Versahandler #1  

Dirtdigger5

Tractor
JohnDeere 950
I asked the Service Department of the local Bobcat dealer this question a few days ago and still no response so I will try it on here. Does a V417 have a wiring harness for a radio somewhere under the dash? The operator's manual shows a couple of fused circuits for a radio but I would rather not start pulling things apart to search if there is no harness, You have to have the arms of a double-jointed orangutan and the hands of a midget to get at the electrical circuits on these machines.
And while I am on the topic of radios has anyone purchased the Tractor Tunes stereo system that is advertised in the TBN store? Is it battery operated or do you wire it to the machine's electrical system? Does it have an internal or external antenna? Right now, I am using a small portable radio plugged into a 100 watt inverter which is plugged into the cigarette lighter socket but the reception is poor.
If you are going to use something other than a cigarette lighter in that socket in a V417 check it out first. Bobcat had the hot wire going to the side of the socket that you would expect to be grounded. No biggy for a lighter coil but a voltage inverter sure didn't like it. I wonder if they do the same thing in their skid steers?

/ V417 Versahandler #2  
I know the radio is an option, even a satellite radio. The schematic in the service manual shows connectors and wire numbers for the radio, so they are in the cab.

Took pictures with old flip phone, not too good.

The picture uploader is not working.

Try this on Windows Explorer: Bobcat Parts - Bobcat Company

See if the parts list shows it.

Last edited:
   / V417 Versahandler
Thanks Xfaxman. I tried the site you suggested but apparently I have to download special software from Bobcat to look at the parts list. It was going to be a 3 hour download over this !@#$% dial-up connection so I had to put it off until I have time. But if a radio is an option (I haven't seen that in anything I have received from Bobcat) and there is a fused circuit for a radio I would bet there is a harness under the dash somewhere. If I had a little bigger trailer I would just haul it into Edmonton and let the radio shop sort it out.
I was thinking about all the action shots you have taken of your v417 while I was spreading a load of wood chips today on my trails through the bush. I was mulling over whether I would go back to the house and get my camera to put some similar pictures on here when I hit a dead tree with the right side of the bucket. I decided that perhaps I should just focus on driving.

Last edited:
   / V417 Versahandler #5  
Please post some pictures (when they get the uploader fixed), I would like to see it.

Here is one place the radio option is mentioned: Comfort Features on the VersaHANDLER - Bobcat Company
Picture uploader is working now, so here is the snip from the link.

436555-v417-versahandler-vro-jpg

Attachments

• vro.JPG
    vro.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,449
   / V417 Versahandler #6  
New to this forum, and new to the idea of a telehandler, versahandler, loadall, etc. Xfaxman seems to be up my alley. I still own what's left of a howard price turf blazer... Similar to his toro..

My question for him or others is this. I want to know if trading away my 6340 zetor with loader for a versahandler or loadall makes sense, and what hp range. I think we all could use more hp. I'm mostly moving wood chips, round bales, but I do flail mow, own a manure spreader and have a few blades to pull. Input is appreciated.

/ V417 Versahandler #7  
:welcome: to TractorByNet! :thumbsup:.

I sold my tractor shortly after I bought my first Versahandler and haven't missed it at all.

From Bobcat the V417 is the only new machine available, but there are other companies with other sizes of Compact Telehandlers. Just be sure to get it with a SSQA (Skid Steer Quick Attach).

Even though it is smaller than a Utility Tractor, they are heavier. My 22', 14K trailer hauls it just fine.

P1260001.JPG

Sure is nice with the 7' brush hog out front, the boom is keeping the front wheels out of the silt in the old creek..

PA010016.JPG

Horsepower and lift capacity, has never been a problem.

P4090021.JPG

Fantastic for round bales, these are 5x6, prolly less than 1400 pounds.

PA050026.JPG

PA050029.JPG

PA050032.JPG

PA050033.JPG