Service history and warning codes for used Bobcats.

/ Service history and warning codes for used Bobcats. #1  

Jabonee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra
For most of you out there with Bobcat SSL's or toolcats. G series and newer will give you a warning when there is a problem. It also has the ability to record and store warning codes in the Bobcat controller. This is a handy feature for those considering buying a used Bobcat. It may be worth the money to have the dealer plug into the machine and print the warnings if any like overheating or low oil pressure. I get 1 or 2 machines a year where the customer got a great deal at an auction or ebay only to find out in a week or so the engine is trashed or the actuators are failing.:)

/ Service history and warning codes for used Bobcats. #2  
Excellent advice. I found a T190 on ebay that was a rental machine. I paid the local Bobcat dealer for a service call to check the machine out. We pulled and cut open all filters, he ran tests, and also printed the alert history. The history corrilated with service history from the rental company. Low hydraulic pressure from "replaced hydraulic hose", etc. The filter autopsy looked for metal, etc. the $450 or so was well worth the peace of mind. I love the T190.

/ Service history and warning codes for used Bobcats.
Thought I'd pass this on. As I posted above I get 1 or 2 customers a year that get burned with a "GOOD DEAL" This gentleman purchased a used 5600 from a dealer in O Canada. Ran great for an hour or so.Battery goes dead.I check the codes/service history. Sure enough this unit has been having battery issues for over 400 hours. I suspect the owner knew this and thats why it was traded. Heres the bad thing. Whos fault is it?? the dealer who may have known there was a problem or the new owner that spent 29K for a machine that he thought was in good working order!:confused3:

/ Service history and warning codes for used Bobcats. #4  
Buy two hours of service time. Have the machine taken back to the shop and visit with the mechanic while he checks it out. A mechanic can find out a lot in two hours. I did this on a truck purchased from a dealer. They did some repairs for free, I paid for the transmission service fee.