How useful is a bobcat hoe attachment?

/ How useful is a bobcat hoe attachment? #1  

dirt ditch

Veteran Member
Tractor
I don't know anything about them. Does the 709 have built in stabilizers? I see a lot of them for sale with rust at the base, probably from setting on the ground from lack of use which makes me wonder how well they really work.

/ How useful is a bobcat hoe attachment? #2  
I don't know anything about them. Does the 709 have built in stabilizers?

Yes! The people that have them use them at least in our area. Just repaired one the other day for a plumbing contractor. He was happier than a pig in you know what when I tweaked up the hyd psi for him. I think for some the benefit is being able to have hoe and not having to have a whole other machine for excavating. :thumbsup:

/ How useful is a bobcat hoe attachment?
Thanks for the reply. I am looking at a 709 for sell that is mounted on a 773 F series. Will the 773 F mounts bolt on to my 7753? Guy is asking $2500.

Last edited:
   / How useful is a bobcat hoe attachment? #4  
They should mount up OK.

/ How useful is a bobcat hoe attachment? #5  
Its better than a shovel. May struggle with large rocks or roots.

The 709 based to the pics that popped up actually looks like a nice piece. Full 3-cylinder hoe WITH swing.

The ones that I would not prefer are the ones that have a boom and a single cylinder for the bucket, that use the lift and tilt of the SS and no swing, so you have to "skid steer" sideways to dump. Like one of these Eterra E60 Backhoe BIG BUNDLE for Skid Steer Loader - Five Free Accessories | Skid Steer Solutions

/ How useful is a bobcat hoe attachment?
Jabonee, The mount holes do line up so I'm good there. LD, the guy I bought it from said it will drag the machine to the hole if you take too big of bite. I figured that since the bobcat weighs just over 7000 lbs with the hoe attached. The original owner hardly used it. Seller bought it, had it 2 years, dug the foundation for a new building. He replaced 2 hydraulic cylinders seals and 2 hydraulic hoses while he owned it. The pins are all tight with no appreciable wear. It has a couple dings from use and shows age from setting out in the weather. This hoe is bigger than anything my tractor could handle so for $2500 it was too good a deal to pass up.

/ How useful is a bobcat hoe attachment? #7  
That does sound like a nice deal

/ How useful is a bobcat hoe attachment? #8  
I have a hoe for my 7753, have $4,000 into it, so that is a good deal. Takes some getting used too. trick i found rather than using the hoe to pull you forward. If you set the seat on the hoe right, you can reach, directly behind you, with both arms and drive the loader around. Its ruff on the arms but doable.