Bobcat 953 value

/ Bobcat 953 value #1  

204saskman

Gold Member
Tractor
Montana 2844R Hst
hey guys I'm looking at a 953. haven't really found a lot on them online which kind of scares me for the fact that they are not that common. This unit has a rear ripper from factory and is cosmetically in decent shape. The owner told me that the piston in the right side wheel drive motor broke. He says it wasn't ran much after that happened but doesn't want to fix him self. What I did find was that the drive motors are not to cheap(about 1500 plus US each and I'm in Canada so closer to 2000 plus each with exchange). Now what would a fair price be on this machine. He is asking 6900 which I think is a bit high for the simple fact that it needs work and if any metal went through the system the whole system could need a bit of work. It has a perkins diesel in it and has around 4200 hours or so. It is cabed and heated but no front door he says.

/ Bobcat 953 value #2  
Another thing to consider is that I don't think the 953's came from the factory with a universal skidsteer compatible coupler. I believe that they are wider and taller than the industry standard. Limits the availability of attachments. Just something to check/consider in the $.

/ Bobcat 953 value #3  
I don't think I have ever seen a 953. I test drove a new 943 many years ago
and it was a big machine. I would like to see a photo. Hard to put a value on
but I assume parts would be hard to find and pricey. I agree with villengineer
that quicktach plate is special sized to the larger Bobcats. I have seen a 988?
and it is a monster.

/ Bobcat 953 value
I will try to post a picture. I found a place that lists the drive motors but not cheap 1500 us each but yes its a big machine. There not very common from what I can find. But it does have a universal ssqa on it from what the guy told me. Ill try to get a picture up of it here

/ Bobcat 953 value #5  
I did a search on the web and did find a picture and info on the 953.
The 953 was manufactured for 3 or 4 years. What size tires does it have?
I hope the ssqa is compatible with other machines.

/ Bobcat 953 value #6  
Needs drive motor installed $$$, needs front door $$$, 4200 hours. Have you checked the heater and all other electronics and controls. Price seems high with repair needs. If one drive motor is gone how bad are the others. IMO $5K would be a better price or continue looking.

/ Bobcat 953 value #7  
Thats a bit much for a SSL with a damaged drive motor. I would be afraid of other damage in the hyd. system. The Perkins engine is quite reliable. Open the hyd filters and see whats in them before you make an offer.That price is about right if the unit was up and running no bad components.

/ Bobcat 953 value
Sorry guys for some reason I cant load the pictures. Ya I was thinking it would be worth around the 3000 or less mark personally. Cause if one drive went the other is not far behind. Only one I found for sale is 9500 bucks with 3200 hours I think the add said. So I figured by the time the motors are replaced and the whole hydralic system cleaned and replace as needed I would be dam near that 9500 mark. The guy said it has the ssqa that his s250 uses so im guessing so. He said everything else works. It seems as though the add was pulled but im gonna call him to see if it sold.

/ Bobcat 953 value #9  
If it really used the same attachments as a S250 then somebody must have converted the ssqa at some point. I double checked, and the 943 and 953 used a non-standard Bobtach.