skid steer ain't got the Oomph!

/ skid steer ain't got the Oomph! #1  

truckdiagnostics

Platinum Member
Tractor
7753 bobcat
My 7753 started making a different hydraulic noise, lets call it a whine. Now when she goes into a pile it doesn't have the power it had in both the bucket hydraulics and the drives. The engine is not bogging down. It just is not there. When I replaced the filters the two metal return line filters had metal chunks. Bad sign!, I am open to suggestion where to start. I am working on a flow meter/pressure tester to test the auxiliary pump. Besides that i am trying to figure out what else could make both the drives and the bucket hydraulics loose power. But for the life of me I don't understand why the aux pump would affect the drives. Having this thing down is a serious bummer I use it for everything.:weepy:

/ skid steer ain't got the Oomph!
We'll the dealer never did show up. Got a hold of the mechanic and we over what was going on. Long and short of it the drive belt was slipping. Tighten and no more issues. Excellent, dealer they were busy and well since i do my own work and wasn't buying anything new, they kept pushing me out. When I called to find out what was going on mechanic answered the phone. Got lucky I guess.

/ skid steer ain't got the Oomph! #3  
What about the metal chunks?
Does your machine have a main pump? I would have expected an issue there....

/ skid steer ain't got the Oomph!
Good question. There was only a couple. I replaced a boat load of hoses a while back I can only hope it was from that. When we talked the mechanic felt if it was the charge pump, it would lag but then diminish, this would lag and then pick up speed when actuating the drives only. There are two drive pumps and a charge pump which also supplies bucket hydraulics and aux hydraulics. They are all piggy backed together, driven off main drive belt.