773G turbo B.I.C.S. messing up

/ 773G turbo B.I.C.S. messing up #1  

60lp

Bronze Member
Tractor
1020 john Deere,300B Deere backhoe,773G turbo Bobcat,LT30 Woodmizer sawmill with 2-cylinder air cooled diesel Engine
OK here's the problem I'll be operating the machine then all the sudden all Bobcat interlock control system all lights go out and machine locks down no controls work shut the machine off let set few minutes back to work for five minutes and does it again please in bad need of help

/ 773G turbo B.I.C.S. messing up #2  
Do the brakes lock up along with the loader control or just loader functions?

/ 773G turbo B.I.C.S. messing up
Yes the machine locks down you can hit the traction lock button and releases the brake for a minute or so then it does it again Bobca of Knoxville come out today and run it about a hour nothing ever happened it does not throw codes or beeps when does it I'm scared that it going to break something cause it'll bout brake you in half when it comes to a halt it has 1239 hours I've owned it since it had 253 hours

/ 773G turbo B.I.C.S. messing up #4  
With both brakes and loader locking indicates problem in sensor circuit. Could be loose connection in feedback or ground circuits. The seat bar sensor and Press To Operate Button are signal input to the controller if one of these fail/loose connection the controller thinks it is Operator input (shutting off) so no code is displayed. On the left hand panel you will see small green indicator lights that come on when each portion of the BICS are turned ON and system satisfied. Next time running it look at those lights when operating correctly then if/when it locks up look to see what light(s) go out. Letting dealer tech know lights go out will help determine where to best start looking for intermittent connection.

/ 773G turbo B.I.C.S. messing up
All lights go out when it locks down

/ 773G turbo B.I.C.S. messing up #6  
All lights go out when it locks down

For unknown reason the controller is reading the seat bar is being raised/moved out of normal operating position. Three checks to do before at the sensor and/or circuit: 1. Turn key (power up the panel), lower seat bar and press Operate button so seat bar light and valve light come on, now push down and wiggle the seat bar without raising it. If the lights go out check it is not a loose connection in harness but either the sensor itself or one of the below listed problems.
2. Raise the seat bar and look for the rubber bumper stops at the lower part of the seat bar hinge mount, there should a stop on each mount. If stop is missing or badly worn this would allow the seat bar to bounce downward moving sensor out of range and produce same result as being raised.
3. With seat bar raised try moving side to side, for and aft, and twisting to detect any free-play in hinge bushings. Worn bushings will give same results.

An intermittent problem can be difficult and frustrating to identify, let alone time consuming to produce the failure and it may be necessary to replace the sensor to rule that out before attempting to trace loose connection in the harness.

/ 773G turbo B.I.C.S. messing up #7  
Another possibility I just thought of, although less likely because you say the Traction Lock Override seems to work fine, is loose ground from the controller. Easy enough to check as all the grounds (black wires) run to a common post in the engine compartment. Post is either on the negative battery terminal or on engine block. I have encountered loose nuts on this post and partially broken wires right at the crimp of eyelet on the wire.