Bobcat V417 Versahandler no forward or reverse

/ Bobcat V417 Versahandler no forward or reverse #1  

dodges1515

Tractor
john deere 6150r
Bobcat V417 no forward reverse,this machine has 850 hours on it and it stopped moving instantly one day unloading a truckload of hay.I have already troubleshooted this unit,it did take several days to siphon through it to get to the point of knowing it's issue.I was actually reading a thread from another member here when I registered to get some more help and as time moved I came upon the answers to my questions before starting a new thread here.In an effort to keep this thread entry short i will leave out most of the nightmares and dead ends.First of all I would not advise anyone to by a Bobcat of any sort as I had ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO help from several dealers,one of which this machine and another V417 machine and two others that where totally incompetent in helping me with troubleshooting this unit,also the service manual for this machine has zero hydro-static troubleshooting,nice disassembly/reassembly pictures though.I called the manufacturer in hope to talk to support or an engineer but the factory explained I would have to exhaust all options from "local" dealers,they did offer to have a "district manager" to call in 1 to 3 business days or longer depending on the weather??I did get a case number.
This machine had no codes stored,all grounds,fuses,relays,switches and control units seem to be functioning properly,it would generate a code if you set the conditions to do so.It has a sauer danfoss motor with S.D. tag and the hydro-static pump had bobcat ID tag.I just needed some port locations and specs to get started on the hydro and motor testing to start, I googled sauer danfoss and after some phone calls and getting with the power solutions in Iowa was put in touch with a support engineer who did confirm they also made the hydro pump as well as the motor,he was amazingly easy to talk to and had loads of downloads to offer,we spent over 2 hours on the phone on the first call well into the evening hours on a Friday.
Charge pressure port M3 should have 430 psi at 1800 rpm and no dipping below of more the 20-25 psi,(my machine passed this spec.),my system pressure, port MB,in the beginning hours of the troubleshooting was 350 at idle and 500 at idle with lever in forward position and 500 to 750 psi at 1800.I also made a test harness to connect inline between factory harness to forward solenoid so I could cut the wire from the drive controller to solenoid and ran that wire through my fluke meter to test amps of flow through that wire which goes through the forward solenoid and returns to controller.That wire read zero amps at idle in neutral,.38 at idle and forward selected, and would vary up to .77 at full throttle,which is not a good reading,should be at 1.60 at full throttle when machine is working correctly.Every time I would add a pressure gauge or meter to read different port or wire circuit the machine would change from no forward reverse on fist day to intermittent drive on second day to no issues present on third day.System pressure should be 1000 psi and steady at WOT(forward selected),solenoid amps should be 1.60 confirmed on both machine.The solenoid wires go into a harness that of about 25 wires that go forward into the abyss of the frame then wrap around a hydraulic hose and return towards the rear of the machine,the harness over time wore through at the hydraulic hose where it wraps and turns directions inside the frame tube,it wore the insulation off 8 different wires and where shorting to ground/gaining resistance/etc. and as I was moving harness to gain access to ports and circuits the values would change.And no codes!!!! The dash lights would even flicker when i would move this harness.Both machines WOT steady 1000 psi at port M3(system pressure) at 1.60 amps on solenoid feed circuit,with rabbit selected port M3 would read 2500 psi at first then settle into 1800-1900 psi. All tests where with all 4 wheels of the ground.Hope this helps,I know I jumped around a bit so ask away if you have any questions.Thanks for your time.

/ Bobcat V417 Versahandler no forward or reverse #2  
Welcome to TBN...............

You were probably reading a thread by Xfaxman and his V417. Seems like he's very knowledgeable on these.