Bobcat 553 magnetic seat switch.

/ Bobcat 553 magnetic seat switch. #1  

rodbuilder

I gave my friend a new aftermarket seat to put on my older 553 Bobcat today and now the foot peddles are dead!!! No movement on the bucket or boom! Lucky me!

It has that disastrous magnetic switch on the seat with THREE wires going to it.

Here's what he told me when I got back from an errand:
He showed me that the seat switch was mounted to one of the corner mounting bolts for the seat - NOT the center of the seat!!! This just doesn't make any sense to us, because there is NO way for anything to flex or move there when you sit in the seat. So that's where he put the switch on the new seat.

Naturally there are couple lights out on the computer, in the center of it I think.

I believe he managed to break the switch because there WAS a small rib in it that I believe matched up with a groove in that 1" round thing that's held in place with a big bolt.

We don't understand how this switch works if nothing can move to "activate it?

How can I disable this p.o.s. seat switch? The lap bar interlock IS working and that's all we need on this thing. The other "safety garbage is just that - garbage.

I was hoping that when we set out to change the seat that we'd either find no switch, or the plunger-type switch like what's on a lawn mower. Yeah right! Next time I buy a Bobcat to resell I'm throwing the new seat inside it and will let the new owner have theses headaches!!!

HELP!!!! What wires on the seat switch can I connect together (or to someplace else?)to get this thing working again?

I hope and pray the guy who tells me a way out of this problem wins the PowerBall lottery next time is reaches $500 million!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Bobcat 553 magnetic seat switch. #2  
DO NOT JUMP WIRES!!!! You will burn out an expensive controller!

/ Bobcat 553 magnetic seat switch. #3  
Bobcat sells a kit to replace the seat switch with a Push to Operate button system so is same as current production loaders. It has a different control box at rear of cab and the Traction Lock Override button is replaced with Push to Operate button. No idea what price is but I know it is less expansive than the original BICS control box.