Bobcat 533

/ Bobcat 533 #1  

ymurf

Bronze Member
I am in the process of buying a Bobcat 533 from a friend at work. He bought it and it wouldn't start.He put a $300 starter on it and new glow plugs but still would not start.It had no compression.He pulled engine out and took it apart. It is a Isuzu 2aa1 2 cylinder diesel. The rings were stuck in the pistons but bores look fine. He doesn't have time to fix it so he bought another one. The machine looks pretty good for its age. I was thinking of buying it and putting rings and barrings and gasket set and putting it back together. I can buy if for $2000.00. I have never had a skid steer but want one for around the house..What are you guys thoughts on this? Worth the money taking a chance on it? Anyone here ever worked on an Isuzu 2aa1?

/ Bobcat 533 #2  
Be advised if this has an Isuzu engine it has been repowered. Original engine was a Kubota. Might want to check on source/availability of parts for the engine since Bobcat would not have them.

/ Bobcat 533
Be advised if this has an Isuzu engine it has been repowered. Original engine was a Kubota. Might want to check on source/availability of parts for the engine since Bobcat would not have them.
It is original engine. They came out with the Isuzu engine.Here are the specs.
Bobcat 533 skid steer loader

/ Bobcat 533
What I found was no compression cause the rings are stuck in the pistons. I bought it last weekend and been trying to research info on it but cant find much online. I looked engine over tonight and cylinders look good but rings are stuck in pistons. Going to soak them in hopes of freeing them up so I can get them off. This is an Isuzu 2aa1 2 cylinder diesel. It looks to have been refreshed at some time as it has over size barrings. No cylinder bore though. I am going to take the head to machine shop and have it refreshed after I get valve seals for it. Where is the best place to get engine parts for this? Through Bobcat? Also going to put rings and barrings and gasket set with head gasket. Cant find allot of options out there for the engine parts.Anyone here have a 533? When I go to put this back together I could sure use some pictures of how everything assembles on it like alternator and stuff since I am not the one that took it apart. Here are some pics.

/ Bobcat 533
Not having much luck finding bearings. Called a place today and my rod bearings are 1.00 and Isuzu doesnt even offer that size for the 2aa1.

/ Bobcat 533
Found some bearings on ebay. Anyone know where I can get a key switch for this machine? Does anyone here have a bobcat 533? Need some pictures.