Greetings From Arizona

/ Greetings From Arizona #1  

62willy

Tractor
bobcat 753
Just purchased a used Bobcat 753. Haven't been able to find out much about the year of the machine, but it's at about 3000 hrs (that is it was when the gauges all stopped working). I picked it up from a tractor dealer who mostly deals with kubota and kioti tractors so he didn't have much interest in this one I'm assuming he took in on trade. It's seen some hard use and the bucket had been welded to the bobtach (but the welds were all broken) and the pivot pins were not even close to the right ones. The gauges don't work and there is a hydraulic fluid leak and although the motor runs good, it overheats and blows the water out the tube that should be in the missing overflow tank. I replaced the bobtach and pins and moved a few yards of dirt around with it but without the gauges, I can't see when the motor is getting hot so I either need to fix the gauges, or the overheating problem before I do much more with it. I look forward to this new venture in my life and the addition to my never ending project list. I have no doubt this forum will be an invaluable source for the resurrection.

Thanks,

Bill

5ae131a3bd2a474e6d9b644bf78ae0be.jpg

/ Greetings From Arizona #3  
Hi Bill. Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm going to move your thread on over to our Bobcat section. :)

/ Greetings From Arizona #4  
:welcome: to TBN from New Hampshire...enjoy.

/ Greetings From Arizona
I did a rudimentary check yesterday and no bubbling coming into the radiator when the engine is running so that's good. Hopefully just a stuck thermostat. Thanks to a post on here, I think I may have found the hydraulic peak as well (well, 3 of them to be more precise) one in the hoses going to the boom cylinder which is small and will have to wait for now. One at an electrical connection fitting at the upper right where the hoses connect to the oil cooler, and what looks like the big one is at the hydrostatic drive motor on the right side of the machine. The cover is soaked in oil and it was puddled under there after a couple of days of sitting. I have to change out those street tires for some 10x16.5 tires and rims too so maybe I'll work that in with the seal changes on the drive motors.

/ Greetings From Arizona #7  
Hi. Welcome. Sounds like a good project. Thanks for the pic. We like pics and vids.:thumbsup: