533 Not running right

/ 533 Not running right #1  

ymurf

Bronze Member
I have a Bobcat 533 with isuzu 2aa1 engine. I just rebuilt emgine cause when I bought it it was in pieces. I got engine back in but cant get it to run.It will crank and start and some times run for about 10 secomds like crap then sounds like it runs out of fuel.Usually only hits on one cylinder and its only a 2 cylinder engine. I am thinking bad injector but I also have a question. When I put engine back together I linrd all the timing marks up but forgot to make sure #1 piston was up. So if I am thinking right the crank could be 180ー out. Would it still hit at all or run any at all if I am 180ー out?

/ 533 Not running right #2  
It has a supply pump bolted to the side of the inj. pump.. make sure its working..
Take off the lines either at the injectors or the pump to SEE if its pumping on both cylinders..
IF IT IS.. remove the injectors again, hook the lines back up & crank it over.. you can SEE if the injectors are firing, outside the engine..
BE CAFEFUL.. spray from the injectors can & will penetrate your skin, and its off to the hospital for a short stay..
I cant say for sure if the Isuzu will run 180 out.. I KNOW JD's will and some "overseas" engines.. had a Rugerini 2 banger, that when you shut it down, the compression was so bad, it would slow down, almost shut off & them start back up, BACKWARDS.. lol

/ 533 Not running right
I pulled the injector out and took nozzle off and had to pull pintle needle was stuck in injector.Had to pull it out hard with pliers. Probably my trouble. Ordered new nozzle.Going to make my own pop off trster this weekend.I googled one and doesn't look to hard to make.

/ 533 Not running right #4  
They arent as easy as you would think.. if your using a porta-power, the connector threads are different.. and they open around 2000psi.. I don't know if that gage goes that low??
Just put the new tips in, torque to 35-45 ftlbs & install to the line & SEE if its opening outside the engine..
OR if time isn't a factor, send them to me, I'll do it for the cost of shipping[free].. BUT w/ new nozzles/tips, you should be in the clear.. aslong as you use the SAME SHIM that came out..
You could have cleaned up the old ones & save a couple of bucks.. just sayin.. Glad you found a problem.. nothing worse than tearing into something & NOT FINDING anything wrong..

/ 533 Not running right
They arent as easy as you would think.. if your using a porta-power, the connector threads are different.. and they open around 2000psi.. I don't know if that gage goes that low??
Just put the new tips in, torque to 35-45 ftlbs & install to the line & SEE if its opening outside the engine..
OR if time isn't a factor, send them to me, I'll do it for the cost of shipping[free].. BUT w/ new nozzles/tips, you should be in the clear.. aslong as you use the SAME SHIM that came out..
You could have cleaned up the old ones & save a couple of bucks.. just sayin.. Glad you found a problem.. nothing worse than tearing into something & NOT FINDING anything wrong..
Thanks for the offer. I received the nozzle today.I picked up most of the parts I need for the pop tester after work.Going to build this one with a bottle jack. Not positive but done think my injectors have shims. Think its a big adjusting screw on the end or thats what a guy told me.
How to build a diesel injector pop tester - PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum

/ 533 Not running right #6  
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.. BE CAREFUL.. The spray coming out of the end of the injector is under hi pressure and in a mist for combustion purposes.. The mist CAN & WILL penetrate your skin.. Have it pointed away from your body & any exposed skin.. this is not a joke..
IF you have a gallon oil jug laying around.. cut a large hole in the center & point the injector into the jug.. the jug will capture the spray..
Good luck & don't hurt yourself..
Do you know the opening pressure spec of the injector?? its probably in the repair manual..

/ 533 Not running right
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.. BE CAREFUL.. The spray coming out of the end of the injector is under hi pressure and in a mist for combustion purposes.. The mist CAN & WILL penetrate your skin.. Have it pointed away from your body & any exposed skin.. this is not a joke..
IF you have a gallon oil jug laying around.. cut a large hole in the center & point the injector into the jug.. the jug will capture the spray..
Good luck & don't hurt yourself..
Do you know the opening pressure spec of the injector?? its probably in the repair manual..
I made the pop tester today and works great. Book says they should pop and 1720 psi. The first one is the one I thought might be bad.I pumped it up to over 2000 and it never opened.So I put the new nozzle in it and slowly adjusted it up to a hair over 1700. I then put the one I thought was good on and it popped at almost 1800 but instead of a mist it shoots a stream. Guess both injectors were bad. I am soaking the nozzles in cleaner overnight and going to try and clean them to see if I can get one of them to spray right in the other injector before ordering another nozzle.I did spray them into a jar to be safe. The pop off tester works really good by the way.

/ 533 Not running right #8  
Glad it worked out for ya.. Just a thought tho.. the fuel is whats sticking the injectors.. its either old or of bad quality.. get rid of it & refill w/ fresh, clean fuel.. if your running bio.. get rid of it..
Just remember, whatever got to the injectors, had to go thru the pump first.. so keep that in mind..
I use 38-1200 lapping compound to lap the needle & seat together..

/ 533 Not running right
I soaked them overnight and cleaned and cleaned them. No matter what I did it just would not spray right. I went ahead and drained tank and put new fuel line and new filter on and put it back together. Took awhile to get the air bled out but it kept hitting on one cylinder. I finally got it started and it kept running but that one injector just aint working right. engine runs but has that diesel clank on one cylinder. The place out of Colorado that I got the nozzle from last week doesn't have anymore I don't think. Now I have to find another Nozzle that I don't have to wait a month for from china. Anyone here have a Nozzle for sale? # on nozzle is NPDNOSD2110. Part number on the one I got last week is 5-15311006-0. Probably some other cross reference ones that fit.