How not to remove a rock with your skidsteer...

/ How not to remove a rock with your skidsteer... #11  
This is why I will never buy a rental unit when they rotate older ones out

/ How not to remove a rock with your skidsteer... #12  
Unless that film is speed up he isn't too bad at the controls. Honestly pretty quick. He almost got that rock out.... forks together would have likely helped but really he just fell into his own hole. Still major fail and a little more caution and attention would have kept that from happening but not the worst fail ever.

/ How not to remove a rock with your skidsteer... #13  
Unless that film is speed up he isn't too bad at the controls. Honestly pretty quick. He almost got that rock out.... forks together would have likely helped but really he just fell into his own hole. Still major fail and a little more caution and attention would have kept that from happening but not the worst fail ever.

I'd like to work as an operator with you my supervisor.

/ How not to remove a rock with your skidsteer... #16  

That's a new one.
He made it look easy.

That's the perfect storm right there.
1. Hitting limit of raised bucket (i.e. transferring momentum & amplifying torque), while
2. Stopping while going backwards (transferring more momentum), while
3. On a slight incline (requiring less roll to reach pivot point)

/ How not to remove a rock with your skidsteer... #17  
I'd like to work as an operator with you my supervisor.
I really only ment that the operator in that video had used some machines before not that moving at loader that quickly was helping him or safe, its just that most noobs with a rental machine can barely move the sticks the correct way on the first try.

And you do realize those older smaller bobcats tip over really easily, newer larger ones are a little better but not much.. If you spend an hour watching youtube fails of these things you will learn that this guys fail wasn't to serious and much closer to an avoidable accident compared to total noob failure. Also pro operators fail sometimes too.

/ How not to remove a rock with your skidsteer... #18  
I really only ment that the operator in that video had used some machines before not that moving at loader that quickly was helping him or safe, its just that most noobs with a rental machine can barely move the sticks the correct way on the first try.

And you do realize those older smaller bobcats tip over really easily, newer larger ones are a little better but not much.. If you spend an hour watching youtube fails of these things you will learn that this guys fail wasn't to serious and much closer to an avoidable accident compared to total noob failure. Also pro operators fail sometimes too.

This is just my opinion but if you think he was an ok operator then you need to watch an expert sometime. The operator was very rough and had no clue as to the physics involved. If he would have got the tines under the rock right away the upset would have never happened.

Also he spent far to much time prancing around on the back wheels. Four tires on the ground give far more stability and believe it or not twice as much traction. This was a totally preventable upset.

/ How not to remove a rock with your skidsteer... #19  
That's a new one.
He made it look easy.

That's the perfect storm right there.
1. Hitting limit of raised bucket (i.e. transferring momentum & amplifying torque), while
2. Stopping while going backwards (transferring more momentum), while
3. On a slight incline (requiring less roll to reach pivot point)

Surely he mean to do that. No one is that stupid... right? :D

/ How not to remove a rock with your skidsteer... #20